Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Hall: Path washing

Options
  • 04-09-2017 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

The paths around L Hall seems to be power hosed very frequently. Has anyone noticed this? Is there a problem there or what ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Homeless people sleeping in doorways perhaps?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say it's not the 'sleeping' requires the powerhosing. Not sure it's exclusively homeless people like to contribute there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

If only they would keep going and power house the whole city. The streets are mankey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

spurious wrote: »
    I'd say it's not the 'sleeping' requires the powerhosing. Not sure it's exclusively homeless people like to contribute there.
    I miss the old public toilets. Yeah I know they became injection centres and occasionally pick up joints for closeted gays but for some of us they were just public toilets and used for just that purpose.
    After a few pints and waiting for the bus home such an convenience is sorely missed.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

They got a wash this morning aswell,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

ronn wrote:
    They got a wash this morning aswell,

Surely it would be cheaper in the long run to erect some kind of barrier and have no recesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bobbyss wrote: »
    Surely it would be cheaper in the long run to erect some kind of barrier and have no recesses?

Any form of defensive architecture installed on/at an existing building causes huge uproar; for a trade union to do so would cause even more. Can't see them doing it.

Advertisement