Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 charging woes

Options
  • 04-09-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6, approx 2.5yrs old.

I'm have serious trouble getting the phone to charge, it's so hit and miss, it could take as many as 20 attempts to get it charging..

I've looked up solutions on line such as force restart, cleaning out lightening connector, using different cables but the problem remains.

The cable needs to be slightly pushed to the right when in the phone itself, otherwise it won't charge. It's a pain the neck now.

Does anyone know from experience if this is an expensive fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Have you checked the port for a build up of lint/dust?

Edit: Nevermind I see you tried cleaning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

get a paperclicp and clean out the little connection area where the cable connects to the phone. Pocket fluff etc can build up and prevent a proper connection for charging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

maccored wrote: »
    get a paperclicp and clean out the little connection area where the cable connects to the phone. Pocket fluff etc can build up and prevent a proper connection for charging

I did all that and problem remains, just wondering what cost of repair might be. Not inclined to get another iPhone after this, have never had this problem with an android phone. iPhone was expensive in the first place but not reliable in terms of changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

who_ru wrote: »
    I did all that and problem remains, just wondering what cost of repair might be. Not inclined to get another iPhone after this, have never had this problem with an android phone. iPhone was expensive in the first place but not reliable in terms of changing.

You close this thread mods, got it sorted. I cleaned the connector but not well enough, took it to a compu b store and they cleaned it properly. Chargers first time now.

Advertisement