Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed Installation - Getting the ball rolling again!

Options
  • 04-09-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, 
    I have signed up to an Eir FTTH package a few weeks back, and after a small delay, the installer came on the 25th. Unfortunately there seems to be blockage on the conduit that runs from my door to the Eir connection outside the gate. The rods go about 3 quarters the way there from the door out, and about 1 quarter from the road in, so looks like the blockage is inside my property. 
    The installer said he'd raise a request to get a survey team out to assess the issue, that they would have a means to identify the direction under ground of the existing conduit, so I'll know where to dig to solve the problem. He said they'd be out in a couple of days, but I've not heard anything yet. I was expecting to have at least a date for them to arrive. 
    Would it be possible please to get a date for the guys to come to do the assessment?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi, 
    I have signed up to an Eir FTTH package a few weeks back, and after a small delay, the installer came on the 25th. Unfortunately there seems to be blockage on the conduit that runs from my door to the Eir connection outside the gate. The rods go about 3 quarters the way there from the door out, and about 1 quarter from the road in, so looks like the blockage is inside my property. 
    The installer said he'd raise a request to get a survey team out to assess the issue, that they would have a means to identify the direction under ground of the existing conduit, so I'll know where to dig to solve the problem. He said they'd be out in a couple of days, but I've not heard anything yet. I was expecting to have at least a date for them to arrive. 
    Would it be possible please to get a date for the guys to come to do the assessment?
    Thanks.
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having getting your service installed. If you PM me your account number and full name I can look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

Thanks, PM sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks, PM sent!
    Thanks, I'll go through my PM's and I'll be back in touch with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement