Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Logan

• 04-09-2017 1:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice from anybody who may happen to have a Dacia Logan as to how they run or how reliable they are.

Basically, it's time for my wife and I to change car. I currently drive an 06 Santa Fe and she has an 09 Corolla (saloon). Neither of us have ever bought a brand new car before - have tended to buy something about four years old, then keep it maybe five or six before changing again.

The Santa Fe is actually both the oldest and longest one I've ever had myself - bought in 2011 when it was five years old, so have had it six years now. Still runs well, but won't go forever.

Anyway, we were considering the Logan (diesel) as a family car because the price means it would be feasible to buy new instead of the usual thing of second hand. If anybody has had one for the past two/three/four years, can you please let us know how you find them and how they go after that time?

And if anybody else thinks we're mad, suggestions for a good alternative around the same price range would be welcome too!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rn

A mate of mine that used to try to do bangernomics thing eventually went for a Dacia Logan last year after a bad run of old french diesels let him down badly. He does a 2 hour commute every day and he does a little bit of farm work, so he always trucking around stuff, along with two young kids. He is delighted with it. Not sure what model he has, but it has the integrated bluetooth and working air con and it's new and so far been reliable for him.

The one thing that is going in favour of the 4 year old car is that price of some less popular diesels seems to be plummeting in the UK, combined with the fall off in sterling means that depreciation seems to be a huge factor. I bought a 2016 Passat in 2016 (Ex-demo) and I can see I can have a similar car now from the UK for approx half the price, albeit with higher kms'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Fundamentally, as a car, the Logan and particularly the diesel is very very good.

The only negative feedback you get from them is from people who were expecting a Renault Megane for half the price.

They are like a 90's Corolla, function over form, the interior is spartan but hardy and any equipment it does have should continue to work for a good long time.

For the price you pay it's hard to fault them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep for the money they're great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My biggest issue with the Dacia Logan is it did poor enough in the NCAP crash tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I know a lad had one for a few days while his duster was in the garage and he couldn't complement it enough. Loved it for the space mainly. I think there a little old fashioned looking but I did see one in maroon and wasn't too bad. Beuty is in the eye of the holder as they say!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Thanks folks. All sounds encouraging.

Neither of us are car 'snobs' in any way - just want something decent and reliable to get around. I'd actually take the 90s Corolla comparison as a strong recommendation! My first three cars were all Corollas - an '87, a '93 and then a '98 - and as I've said, the good lady wife has a Corolla now.

Think we'll go see about a test drive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Ginger83

My dad bought the petrol model and is very pleased with it, a bit bare on features but at 12,600 you get what you pay for. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

I have an 02 D4D Corolla 11 years and i absolutely love it, its getting harder to insure due to its age but i'd consider a logan myself if i change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Duffryman wrote: »
    Thanks folks. All sounds encouraging.

Neither of us are car 'snobs' in any way - just want something decent and reliable to get around. I'd actually take the 90s Corolla comparison as a strong recommendation! My first three cars were all Corollas - an '87, a '93 and then a '98 - and as I've said, the good lady wife has a Corolla now.

Think we'll go see about a test drive.....

Did you get one after or did anyone get one that can confirm how reliable they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock.
    Start a fresh thread with your specifics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement