Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van/ Caravan at Electric Picnic

Options
  • 04-09-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for some advice on renting a caravan for electric picnic. Do people generally own their caravans? If you rent does it work out expensive? What has your experience been like of staying in a camper there? Would like to go with that option next year if possible, the rain was just that bit too much in a tent this year! 🙈

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I have done it in campervan for last 2 years.

you dont get much for your fee of €70 odd. Just somewhere to dump your chemical toilet and a water point. You are also a long way from the arena.

That said its much better than a tent and you can go down Thursday night if you want.

I noticed a huge amount of rental campervans this year so you would want to be in early to get one for next year.

generally caravans and cars are in one area and campervans in another.

not sure if you can rent caravans but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

You are also a long way from the arena. 
    How long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    You are also a long way from the arena.
    How long?

About a 15 minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

You will need to organise both the rental of your campervan / caravan and your camper / campervan festival ticket very early as they sell out long in advance of the festival.

Advertisement