Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Update Burton Albion sit in first place all games played
    Man United lie behind me by 2 points with a game in hand
    They play Spurs

Anything but a united win and Burton have achieved the unthinkable

They were tipped to be relagated

This would be a bigger achievement than Leicester

Sin City will be expecting for Burton to change the name of the city to be named after him

Free man of the city beckons
    Will never have to pay for a pint again in his lifetime

Cmon Spurs do us a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Sin City wrote: »
    Update Burton Albion sit in first place all games played
    Man United lie behind me by 2 points with a game in hand
    They play Spurs

Anything but a united win and Burton have achieved the unthinkable

They were tipped to be relagated

This would be a bigger achievement than Leicester

Sin City will be expecting for Burton to change the name of the city to be named after him

Free man of the city beckons
    Will never have to pay for a pint again in his lifetime

Cmon Spurs do us a favour

What formation are you playing with Burton?
    Do you have home and away formations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I always run the full 3 formations, normally one "good" football one (used against similar and smaller teams and then two defensive/long-ball ones when I'm playing someone decent. Always make sure I have one formation that only uses 1 striker and normally try for one with a 3atb too, both to help in an injury crisis.

My second season with Sunderland is over now, scraped into 14th or 15th in the end which should avoid too much discontent, promised mid-table for next season to pretty much all my decent players so decent challenge for season 3.

Usually attaching 4 -2 -1-2-1
    But if playing bigger teams i might switch to either a wing back 5-3--2 or a 4 -1 -3-1

Though now im in the chapions league i can attract bigger player's so it's mainly the first formation but i tweak it depending on who im playing in my team and against

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Must unfollow this thread before i buy the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

anyone else get memory error crashes, been getting them a lot over the last 2 weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Had a 5 hour blast when I got home, managed to get to end of the season, finished 2nd, the team in 1st ran away with it by 11 points

Back to back promotions :)

Now to convert my loans to permanents

Snow days allowed me to have a right good FM session

I jumped ship from Halifax 6 games into my L1 as Notts Forest came and offered me an interview they were also in L1.
    They had zero money to spend and over the wage budget also, I missed out on the playoffs by 2 points on final day.
    I resigned straight away - I wasn’t feeling the forest project.
    Halifax were eventually relegated :(

Had a new job within 2 weeks with Burton as there manager replaced me at Forest.
    Burton already feels like a much better club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lads the new scouting thing is a joke! Have no transfer budget so no budget for scouting. fecking disgrace

Back again after being on lockdown with the blizzard

So after winning the title with Burton and the Champions League I have taken Burton as far as I can and AC Milan came calling

AC Milan have a had their squad decimated by the bigger teams and so I had to rebuild and try and convince a wantaway Bonnuci to stick around for another campaign

The Italian rules on Non European players is head wrecking but a better challenge

Cant get a Spanish feeder club which would be handy for getting my Latin Americans EU nationality

Have two South Americans who are ridiculously good but cant be registered as they are non EU and even when Seville came calling for a loan move my two decided to reject the loan offer and train with my club

The Director of football again is being used and Massimo decided what the Milan team and public wanted and needed was Man Utd and Swedish center back Victor Lindleorff and spent a lot of the clubs money on him

Massimo though did redeem himself though as he spotted some French wonder kid regen who could be pretty handy in the future

Seria A has been dominated by Juve the last few seasons, with Napoli Fiorintina Lazio and even Inter coming in as runner ups, Can my new AC Milan cause an upset and dominate again

Time will tell

Started using the DoF myself to try and find players. So far signed two players they've suggested although I dont know why they've gone straight into the reserve team

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Started using the DoF myself to try and find players. So far signed two players they've suggested although I dont know why they've gone straight into the reserve team

I suppose it can depend on the age and current ability
    They may not be good enough yet for the first

Did you check their coach report?

How good is your DoF at scouting players?

Getting to the stage now where I have more new gens than real players
    Some of these new gens are amazing but costly
    and some are lazy constantly complaining about high training

Welcome to the big leagues lads
    None of your old clubs mickey mouse training

You train hard and play hard or you can go back to some obscure team in the back arse of the globe

Non EU signings rules in Italy really suck though

I could find the new Messi but cant play him until a year later or until I can get him an EU citizenship by loaning him out to Spain..... If he agrees to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

After getting promoted with Everton,the start to the PL has being a roller coaster,shipped heavy beatings to Utd and Liverpool,then went on a run of winning games,beating Arsenal 3-1 and Chelsea 2-0 during this run,Swansea brought this to a halt losing 3-1

Have been floating around 10th place,so not too bad so far

After getting promoted with Everton,the start to the PL has being a roller coaster,shipped heavy beatings to Utd and Liverpool,then went on a run of winning games,beating Arsenal 3-1 and Chelsea 2-0 during this run,Swansea brought this to a halt losing 3-1

Have been floating around 10th place,so not too bad so far

Give it a season or 2 and Madrid will start sniffing around Sandro
    Should give you some transfer money to play around with

When I played as Everton before my new save Madrid took him and PSG took Micheal Keane for crazy money and I brough in some South African Defender called Coaetze or something who was even better than Keane

Plus raid South America before Brexit kicks in
    if its a hard Brexit like in my game its gonna be impossible to sign forigners unless they have plenty of international experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Which is a hard Brexit? The one I got in my save that's is the maximum of 17 non-UK players but I've had no issues signing South Americans. I've even got an uncapped 19 yr old Colombian striker joining from the MLS in January.

Second season in the premiership with Luton is going even better than the first so far. It's Christmas, we're in 5th and through to the Europa League knockouts. Had a really tough run in December so far against Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Arsenal & Man City while having loads of injuries. Chelsea hammered us, we beat Liverpool and drew the rest so it went better than expected. In that time everyone I've played up front also got injured so I had to go with the Chelsea approach of no strikers against City. My keeper Joel Perreira was a man possessed.

One team I cannot play against though is Man Utd, in 3 league games against them there's a combined score of 13-2. Their team is ridiculous and they're starting to dominate England again with 4 titles in the last 5 seasons and over 90 points in 3 of those. In 16 games this season they've conceded 6 goals.

Which is a hard Brexit? The one I got in my save that's is the maximum of 17 non-UK players but I've had no issues signing South Americans. I've even got an uncapped 19 yr old Colombian striker joining from the MLS in January.

Second season in the premiership with Luton is going even better than the first so far. It's Christmas, we're in 5th and through to the Europa League knockouts. Had a really tough run in December so far against Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Arsenal & Man City while having loads of injuries. Chelsea hammered us, we beat Liverpool and drew the rest so it went better than expected. In that time everyone I've played up front also got injured so I had to go with the Chelsea approach of no strikers against City. My keeper Joel Perreira was a man possessed.

One team I cannot play against though is Man Utd, in 3 league games against them there's a combined score of 13-2. Their team is ridiculous and they're starting to dominate England again with 4 titles in the last 5 seasons and over 90 points in 3 of those. In 16 games this season they've conceded 6 goals.

The game has a few Brexit scenarios
    A hard a medium and a soft
    Id say you have the soft one where you can sign anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

If I delete a saved steam cloud save is it gone for good? No way of getting it back?

Hard is no non-UK players unless they are getting massive wages or have played substantial portion of international games for their country. That's what I've got :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

hots wrote: »
    Hard is no non-UK players unless they are getting massive wages or have played substantial portion of international games for their country. That's what I've got :o
    Is that the one with the points score for incoming transfers based on experience and transfer fee?
    That's what I got in my recent Celtic save.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is that the one with the points score for incoming transfers based on experience and transfer fee?
    That's what I got in my recent Celtic save.

Yup, mine defintiely had a category for salary too but I'd say it's the same. Missed out on a load of gems already in the first window, very curious to see how it affects english player prices too.

• Advertisement

It hasnt happened yet, I'm just at the end of the 3rd season so it's implemented shortly.
    Stacked the team with as many prospects as I could in anticipation!

It hasnt happened yet, I'm just at the end of the 3rd season so it's implemented shortly.

Got me at the end of the second season and I wasn't so well prepared!

Bare in mind when your reneweing their contracts you could be caught out aswell if its a hard brexit

I've got the most important ones on 4 year contracts with a 3 year team option so hopefully that should go through!

I've got the most important ones on 4 year contracts with a 3 year team option so hopefully that should go through!

As long as they can get some international games in the 4 years you should be alright
    Can be hit and miss if they are playing in their countries underage teams though

Plus their national team has to be of a certain ranking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I may consider myself lucky so cos the British regen talent in my game hasn't been great and they're priced ridiculously high. Brexit struck when I was in league 1 so I didn't really pay attention to it much until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Man Utd are insane in my save too. It's always me and them for the title. They won 2 and I won 2. They won 2 CLs, I won 1. Lewandonksi, Griezmann to name a few, and they are scouting Hazard who is at Real Madrid. City are useless and always unsettle my players.

Meanwhile at Tottenham my board won't budge on the transfer or the wage budget :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No more yearly wage rise, appearance or unused sub fees for my players.

No more yearly wage rise, appearance or unused sub fees for my players.
    Is that by choice, or?
    I usually give 10% annual increase and a 3 year club option. Essentially a 7 year contract, only for when players become too good for the club. So I can keep them for 6 years then sell, instead of 2.5

Like Dembele/Kluivert at Celtic for instance.

• Advertisement

I'll have to look into that 3 year club option, I do, do it for my good youth players.

Won two straight promotions, two league titles with Blackburn with little to no money for transfers, got surprised by the board when they offered me 32 million for transfer meaning I could finally scout players. Due to receive over 90 million in TV funding for the season which is mega! Didnt realise it was that much these days.

We've been predicted to finish dead last, but I think we're going to surprise a few.

Advertisement