Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,946 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'll have to look into that 3 year club option, I do, do it for my good youth players.

Won two straight promotions, two league titles with Blackburn with little to no money for transfers, got surprised by the board when they offered me 32 million for transfer meaning I could finally scout players. Due to receive over 90 million in TV funding for the season which is mega! Didnt realise it was that much these days.

We've been predicted to finish dead last, but I think we're going to surprise a few.
    The option is great. Means your players can't be stolen as easily because you know when their 4 year contract is winding down you've got another 3 years in your pocket.

At Celtic I only sign players either below 22 (club philosophy) or as older free agents. The option keeps a 22 year old at the club till 29/30, so it ties down the contract and keeps Real Madrid/PSG at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is that by choice, or?
    I usually give 10% annual increase and a 3 year club option. Essentially a 7 year contract, only for when players become too good for the club. So I can keep them for 6 years then sell, instead of 2.5

Like Dembele/Kluivert at Celtic for instance.

By choice. I find them to be needless clauses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I go for all 5 year contracts, No Annual Increase, No Release Clauses, No Wage Increase after a set number of games.

I flat out refuse to discuss New Contracts until they are down to 2 years remaining and when they come looking, I tell them they're "an Influential member and we wont be discussing a new contract" and they seem to drop it straight away.

After reading it here last week, I did add a 3 year option to a young player. If I had known about it, I would have added it to more players when I first started as I'm 4 seasons in now and having to give alot of new contracts.

I'm 4 seasons in and dominating. I planned on making no signings this summer as I have pretty much 2 equally talented players for every position. But I'm after realising I cant register them all due to only 5 being trained in England.

It wasn't an issue last season due to a couple of players being still U21. Signing Christensen at Chelsea would solve my problem by selling on a foreigner and they have accepted a £17 million offer from Barca but still want over £70 million from me.

Chelsea have a beast team in my game, alot of the best young players in the game, Asensio, Dybala, Barca's Dembele, Fiorentina's Chiesa, Alex Sandro, Bayerns Sule along with Courtois, Hazard, Morata, Kante, Babayoko.

It's ridiculous though. Am I paying someone 70+ a week to train only. Next they'll want compensation for wearing the away jersey.

It's ridiculous though. Am I paying someone 70+ a week to train only. Next they'll want compensation for wearing the away jersey.
    But sure it's the same with the first team squad players. You'd generally have a squad of 20-25. Only a max of 14 can get a game each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've noticed it's easier to buy players now, often for less than their value, which is a great feature. Players still complaining about not playing even though they didnt convince me last time I gave them a chance. I tend to make more available for reserves has reduced the amount of moaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hmmm.

Havn't gotten onto the latest version, always get a little buzz this time of year to play FM and do so for a few months. Not sure to just throw up 2017 or to buy 2018.

Always keep tabs with the CM 00/01 and the community that keep that updated, and I see their data update dropping soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Had a laugh with the editor yesterday
    Gave all the LOI clubs excellent facilities both young and senior
    didnt give them any budgets though and they have produced a number of wonderkids,
    pretty funny seeing all these wonderkids being snapped up by all the European leagues

Ireland may actually qualify for tournament now :D

Here's a question that is puzzling me, on paper my first choice keeper is much better than my second choice but my second choice always plays better and gets better match ratings.

Here's a question that is puzzling me, on paper my first choice keeper is much better than my second choice but my second choice always plays better and gets better match ratings.

Play the second choice keeper

• Advertisement

Going back to my edited game
    Ireland have unearthed a Conglese (born in Ennis) winger who after a brief look at his potential is seen as a wonderkid

Snapped up by West Ham and in hes first season is the leading assist rankings and has chipped in with 10 goals
    Might have either an Mbappe or Duff on our hands

United have snapped up a young Limerick midfielder who could be the next Paul Scholes and Barcelona are sniffing around a young LOI goalkeeper

If only life came with an in game editor :D

Sin City wrote: »
    Play the second choice keeper

I think i might have to. Finding it a lot tougher in the Premier league. Will need to bring in a few more quality players next season unless board gives me money for January transfer window

I think i might have to. Finding it a lot tougher in the Premier league. Will need to bring in a few more quality players next season unless board gives me money for January transfer window

Theres always a handy keeper around
    usually outside of the prem for cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hate when you start a new career and every time you're close to signing a player some bigger team comes in for them and takes them

I've tried to sign 5 different left wingers as AC Milan but losing heart now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I hate when you start a new career and every time you're close to signing a player some bigger team comes in for them and takes them

Bonaventura is excellent for Milan. Jesus Corona is a really good winger.

Just finished my first season with them, finished second to Juve

threein99 wrote: »
    Bonaventura is excellent for Milan. Jesus Corona is a really good winger.

Just finished my first season with them, finished second to Juve

He'll be my first choice LW but he's 2nd choice in several other positions so need another LW

Can't imagine I'll do that well, 4th is all I'm aiming for with this squad. Corona is one of few wingers left in my price bracket so I'll prob be onto him, was disappointed M'Baye Niang was an obilgation to buy as I've liked him as far back as FM10

He'll be my first choice LW but he's 2nd choice in several other positions so need another LW

Can't imagine I'll do that well, 4th is all I'm aiming for with this squad. Corona is one of few wingers left in my price bracket so I'll prob be onto him, was disappointed M'Baye Niang was an obilgation to buy as I've liked him as far back as FM10

Jesus ended up ousting Suso on the right once Bonaventura was fit to play on the left. Silva upfront got 23 in 29 league games.

threein99 wrote: »
    Jesus ended up ousting Suso on the right once Bonaventura was fit to play on the left. Silva upfront got 23 in 29 league games.

Silva does look like he can become world class as does Kessie, quite set in a few positions and I like that at the start of a career as any sort of full rebuild takes ages

Suso is a decent winger for Milan

Still messing with my editor game

League of ireland are now producing world class players

They cant hold on to them though

Plus the league is getting premier league players going over

• Advertisement

For the first time ever I noticed a "protest at sale" button when the chairman accepted an offer of €120 million for Dembele at Celtic.
    And I used it, they rejected the offer and i didnt get fired!

For the first time ever I noticed a "protest at sale" button when the chairman accepted an offer of €120 million for Dembele at Celtic.

€120 mill can but you a much better striker

Id have let him go

I got him for 15 million on my Milan save

Anyone else get stung by that April fools prank that the board were giving you £500m.

Sin City wrote: »
    €120 mill can but you a much better striker

Id have let him go
    Not at Celtic it won't, I'd say he's better than what the club could buy in based on reputation.

he's in year 3 of a 7 year deal (club options FTW) so no need to sell him yet. Same with Kluivert and one or two others

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

I'm still playing fm2015, is fm2018 any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Just started a new save as accrington stanley so should be fun. Am top after 6 games and knocked bolton out in the carabao cup before getting beaten by leeds in next round

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

So fm2018 isn't worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mtx wrote: »
    So fm2018 isn't worth it?

No, I am sticking to FM17.

Advertisement