Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting on road bike - pannier options....

Options
  • 04-09-2017 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

I've a giant defy 1 (2013) and am thinking of doing a couple of days commuting etc week from next month onwards, mostly as a way of keeping a bit of mileage up over the winter. I wont be buying a new bike for commuting, so looking at a pannier or rack option that allows me to carry a change of clothes, my lunch a few other bits and pieces etc. I dont want to be using a backpack as I dont think itll do my back and neck any favours.

Saw something like this, that connects to the seat post only, and thinking its possibly the best option, as I an take it off easily at the weekend if I want to go out for a proper spin.
    xlc-alu-rp-r06-seatpost-bag-rack-6935
    Thinking that I could bungee cord a waterproof bag onto this and away I go, and it would be better than a more permanent solution of a full pannier rack.
    Thoughts and alternatives appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement