Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large plastic to wrap sofa for house move

Options
  • 04-09-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi There,
    We are moving house and I am looking after the moving myself, renting a small tail-lift truck etc.
    The hard furniture is no problem, but I am worried that the sofa will end up getting dirty in the moving van. Is there anywhere that I could buy a large roll of plastic to cover it, or are there other options for covering?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dust sheets from DIY shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

CarPark2 wrote: »
    Hi There,
    We are moving house and I am looking after the moving myself, renting a small tail-lift truck etc.
    The hard furniture is no problem, but I am worried that the sofa will end up getting dirty in the moving van. Is there anywhere that I could buy a large roll of plastic to cover it, or are there other options for covering?
    Thanks in advance.

Furniture movers use sheets/blankets to keep dust off things.

If you are looking for plastic, furniture sellers with have the plastic which comes on mattresses which they may give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you are getting plastic dust sheets just make sure they are thick enough, many of the ones for painting are very thin and won't survive much moving about. Personally, I bought some thick garden tarpaulins, they were about €10 each, but I had my sofas covered in them for about a year and they were perfect when they came out of storage.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 twiddletwaddle

Roll of polythene in any builders merchants.

goodwins.ie/polythene/c-646.html

€27 for a roll 3.6 metres by 16 metres. Be handy for protecting floors also if your painting walls in the new place.

goodwins.ie/products/polythene-certified-1200-gauge-3-6-x-16-mtr-roll-3402005.html?filter_set[]=1,36,646

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭CarPark2

Thanks everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Shrink wrap? you know the thing thats used to wrap goods on a pallets for transport

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

annie.t wrote: »
    Shrink wrap? you know the thing thats used to wrap goods on a pallets for transport

That's what I'd use, wrap in some cardboard in the corners.

Advertisement