Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy Timetable

Options
  • 04-09-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I can't access my timetable until I register, and I can't register until I get blood tests back. I'm just wondering what the general times for lectures are and if they're every day Monday to Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

I can't access my timetable until I register, and I can't register until I get blood tests back. I'm just wondering what the general times for lectures are and if they're every day Monday to Friday.

Send an email to the admin in the psychology department. They (admins in general) are usually pretty helpful. Timetables are often not finalised yet, so request last year's if this year's isn't available. Vaguely mention requiring advance knowledge of the week structure for medical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

I am in exactly the same position. I'm going to ring the admissions office tomorrow to see if anything can be done. I should have my blood results sometime next week, but I don't want to miss orientation and everything next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Pharmacy is full on 40 hours of lectures. Or close to it. First lecture generally started at 9 and last finished at 5.
    Some days you'd start at 10 though.
    It is intense but worth it in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

I stumbled upon this thread...why are blood tests taken for pharmacy undergrads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

McCrack wrote: »
    I stumbled upon this thread...why are blood tests taken for pharmacy undergrads?

To show that they don't have hepatitis. Must be a new thiing, wasn't the case a few years ago.
    The course changed last year though and involves much more on the job training.
    However, blood tests aren't required for registration as a pharmacist, so I'm just going to put it down as a Trinity school of pharmacy thing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

It's to confirm that we've been immunised against various diseases, because there will be work placements in hospital during the course. We also have to get garda vetting for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ubisoft5

I can individually check module timetables. If you still need it, reply me with a list of your modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brownyhere

@Creepy Onion

Have you registered? Went to the Health Centre on the 7th for the blood check and still can't register. A bit worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CreepyOnion

Brownyhere wrote: »
    @Creepy Onion

Have you registered? Went to the Health Centre on the 7th for the blood check and still can't register. A bit worried now

Yeah I'm registered now. I was in the health centre on Thursday and could register by Saturday I think. Have you checked the portal? I didn't get an email or anything, just kept checking.

Still can't register. I went over the School of Pharmacy today. Apparently, they haven't received my blood report from the Health Centre. She said that it often gets mixed up with the other health science departments. It's quite annoying though.

• Advertisement

I was told that if I wasn't registered in time for the start of lectures I'd still be able to attend so I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah? That's what I've been worrying myself with for the past week. I can't see the timetable and read somewhere that I need to register for the socs. Been looking forward to that

I can send you the timetable if you want. We also have our orientation meeting tomorrow from 9:30-3:30.

Thanks! Hope I can register before the lectures begin though. It's just going to be a hassle otherwise

Advertisement