Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Route Advice: Dunboyne > Kilmuckridge

Options
  • 04-09-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,

A small group of us are going to cycle from Dunboyne to Kilmuckridge (Day 1) and back (Day 2) in September. Google maps don't seem to be up to date on the Motorway segments of the M11, so it's difficult to plan where and when to get off to avoid the Motorway parts.

So...

> seeking advice on exits to come off and rejoin, please?

Also

> Any recommendations on where to stop for rest/food breaks? Was assuming Bray & Arklow, but open to other suggestions along the route.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

DaDa wrote: »
    Hi,

A small group of us are going to cycle from Dunboyne to Kilmuckridge (Day 1) and back (Day 2) in September. Google maps don't seem to be up to date on the Motorway segments of the M11, so it's difficult to plan where and when to get off to avoid the Motorway parts.

So...

Also

> Any recommendations on where to stop for rest/food breaks? Was assuming Bray & Arklow, but open to other suggestions along the route.

Thanks in advance!

OP, you'd have the option to do one leg west of the Wicklow Mountains, through the Glen of Immal and over the Ballinabarney Gap, it's one of my favourite spins into Wicklow, I did a quick route going down that way and back up the coast, I'm not sure of all the roads but I think most are OK, I'm sure someone will point out any mistakes.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24940231

Stops going down Naas/Ballymore and Tinahealy (tinahealy farm is lovely), coming back up the coast you'd have plenty of choice, if memory serves there are quite a few pubs on the old main road, Jack Whites/ The Beehive off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

DaDa wrote: »
    Hi,

So...

Also

Thanks in advance!

have you tried this website, http://cycle.travel/ , has been suggested a few times on this forum. designs routes that avoid major roads, motorways especially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Ive cycled to Kilmuckridge down the coast road very uninspiring road network so if you have the legs go via the mountains.
    From memory went from Ballyboden, Stepaside, Enniskerry, across the footbridge to Bray, Greystones, stopped in Wicklow, Arklow joined motorway to Gorey, Courtown, Ballygarret to kilmuc....130km from my door to destination.
    Keep an eye on the wind you will be up against a southerly blowing so a head wind all the way down.
    I can look up the strava file and send it on if you want...

Advertisement