Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you not believe happened until you experienced it?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Unpossible wrote: »
    WTF? Is it like a death spasm or something?

I think it can be that or air leaving the body after death. You would get some fright though !

Stress-related illnesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

73Cat wrote: »
    I think it can be that or air leaving the body after death. You would get some fright though !
    I'm happy to not experience that and will just take your word on it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

anna080 wrote: »
    That cancer isn't always an immediate death sentence. My mother has been receiving treatment for uncurable, but treatable cancer for the last five years. When I think back to her original diagnosis, to think she is still here doing okay five years later amazes me. They even told her that if this was ten years ago, there would be nothing more they could do for her. Treatments and cures have come on so much in ten years it really is fantastic.

Chronic myeloid leukaemia by any chance?

Cancer is a really broad definition of thousands of diseases in reality. Different mutations, different tissue types etc. We've made remarkable progress towards treating quite a few. People can now have cancer and be cured or live normal-ish lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Unpossible wrote: »
    WTF? Is it like a death spasm or something?

Air leaving lungs, fluid in body, ie, in bladder. Etc etc. As there is no longer muscle control, these things are free to move around.

Edit.

Cat beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I suffer from a pretty rare condition known as 'Exploding head syndrome' people think I'm nuts when I tell them about it :pac:

http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/exploding-head-syndrome/overview-facts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

leahyl wrote: »
    Hope it happens for me, except the heartbreak part obviously...:D

Oh it'll happen!
    I can't promise it'll be soon or with the person you'd consciously choose but I hope it will. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dramatik wrote: »
    I suffer from a pretty rare condition known as 'Exploding head syndrome' people think I'm nuts when I tell them about it :pac:

http://www.sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/exploding-head-syndrome/overview-facts

Like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Steak tastes best when its medium to rare...

For the first 34 years of my life, my steak had to be nuked to the point of rubber, so much so that it could bounce off a wall. Anything less that well done was cannibalism in my view and made me nauseous. I'm squeamish at the best of times so seeing the blood ooze out of the steak would nearly have me pass out until....

Went to an event and I was so fcuking starved, I'd have eaten a scabby child. Food was served up and you guessed it, medium steak and it was the only option. So choice was eat it or starve. By fcuk, I was like Hannibal Lecter with blood down my face.

Never gone back and now I enjoy mine medium with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A doctor saying to me "if it is cancer".... It wasn't, but I never thought I'd hear those words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Fanny **** wrote:
    A **** in work is more enjoyable than a **** at home

Apt username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I had a similar experience with an actual banana skin on O'Connell Street...

I once slipped on a banana skin in my kitchen and fell flat on my arse. It's a cartoon cliche for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I once slipped on a banana skin in my kitchen and fell flat on my arse. It's a cartoon cliche for a reason.

Once threw a banana skin out of a window of the car. The car behind me slipped on it and started spinning madly, throwing shells in all directions. Who's have thought it?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hitting the wall during my first marathon. I thought people were exaggerating about it but no way. You want to just curl up in ball and die.

• Advertisement
Advertisement