Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Internet In The World EIR

• 04-09-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If any one is thinking of choosing Eir, DONT. I have been paying for fibre broadband for a year and a half now and it has by far been the worst internet I have ever used. Fibre broadband claims to be quick and fast and it is not cheap. I have been calling and calling the customer service for them to help with the internet and all they could tell me is to turn off the box and turn it back off. After getting more annoyed, I rang more times until finally an employee said they would call over an engineer to my home to check out the problem. Three weeks later, no engineer. I called again and complained and threatened to cancel the contract. Finally a helpful woman told us that even though we are paying for Fibre broadband (which again isint cheap) we are never going to have good internet because the fibre broad cables don't run through my estate and my home. I still have half a year left with this company and I just wanted to say, if anyone is considering switching to Eir, DONT!!! I regret ever paying a cent to this company. Once my contract ends, I am cancelling my subscription and trust me I will not regret it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you are paying for Fibre, but they can't supply it, why are you still paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You are apparently paying for Fibre to the Cabinet and not Fibre to the Home ......  and FTTC has copper lines from the cabinet to your home so is distance dependent ......  up to 100Mb/s close to the cabinet or exchange and rapidly dropping the further away you are.

Yes I blame eir for their use of terminology which is designed to confuse the customer.
    There can be no other reason for using such terminology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

If any one is thinking of choosing Eir, DONT. I have been paying for fibre broadband for a year and a half now and it has by far been the worst internet I have ever used. Fibre broadband claims to be quick and fast and it is not cheap. I have been calling and calling the customer service for them to help with the internet and all they could tell me is to turn off the box and turn it back off. After getting more annoyed, I rang more times until finally an employee said they would call over an engineer to my home to check out the problem. Three weeks later, no engineer. I called again and complained and threatened to cancel the contract. Finally a helpful woman told us that even though we are paying for Fibre broadband (which again isint cheap) we are never going to have good internet because the fibre broad cables don't run through my estate and my home. I still have half a year left with this company and I just wanted to say, if anyone is considering switching to Eir, DONT!!! I regret ever paying a cent to this company. Once my contract ends, I am cancelling my subscription and trust me I will not regret it.
    Hi Nicole12348,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the ongoing issues you've been experiencing with your broadband service. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hippy nipper

Totally agree don't go near EIR  nothing but problems.  Connected no internet .watching a movie check internet blah blah blah. 

Advertisement