Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Doctor

• 04-09-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,

I know this gets asked every now and then but the last thread I can find about this is from 2013 so maybe things have changed.

I'm looking for a new doctor in the city centre, I don't really mind the doctor to be a male or a female but I would like someone that keeps up to date with research and does not go dismissing things as being "ladies issues" until **** appears in blood tests you have cried and begged for.

Also someone that might be taking new patients.

Thanks a million for the advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've been going to Dr. Rodin (who works in Mick Griffin's surgery in John's Square) for the last few years and am very happy with her. She's more into research than any previous doc I've had (think she is involved in teaching in the medical school in UL too, so I guess that explains why). Not sure if she's taking new patients, and also I know that she works part of the week in Castletroy so that's something to consider too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Dr. Niall Cahill at Abbegrove Surgery in Sir Harry's Mall is very good.
    (061) 419 121

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dr. Mary Gray in the Corbally Clinic is one of the top doctors in the country. Is very highly recommended.

http://www.corballyclinic.com/meet-the-team.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Thanks a million Zulutango, H3000, and Mc Love I'll check them out and see how it goes. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 C00laB00la

@tanit, thanks for this post - I am in a similar situation and have been finding it hard to change G.P.
    I would prefer a relatively mature (i.e. experienced) FEMALE doctor, as I have had a bad experience with some very dismissive mature MALE doctors in Limerick who did not know the most basic things about female health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

I would bet good money that I know who the male doctor referenced in the OP is.

There are some real dismissive, supercilious, arseholes among the older generation of (mostly male) doctors.

New breed appear to be a big, big improvement on that which went before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

C00laB00la wrote: »
    @tanit, thanks for this post - I am in a similar situation and have been finding it hard to change G.P.
    I would prefer a relatively mature (i.e. experienced) FEMALE doctor, as I have had a bad experience with some very dismissive mature MALE doctors in Limerick who did not know the most basic things about female health.
    Dr. Mary Gray would be your best bet then

Thanks, Mc Love. I will try her.

Dr Gray's surgery is down a doctor so they are not taking new patients at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

C00laB00la wrote: »
    Dr Gray's surgery is down a doctor so they are not taking new patients at the moment.

Try Dr. Rodin up in St. John's Square. She also works in Castletroy for some days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I would highly recommend Dr. Ann-Marie Dineen in the No.8 clinic on Shannon Street. I recently moved there and my wife has been going the last few years. We both find her excellent

Thanks Skuxx: I am waiting for Dr. Dinnen's office to get back to me.

Advertisement