Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage watches Rolex

Options
  • 04-09-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all
    Looking for recommendations for places that would have vintage rolex watches for sale to view in Dublin City.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://www.brereton.ie/map normally have a few from the 50s/60s most are shown on the site too which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I shine the "Wibbs Signal" into the night sky.
    "Will he come?"
    "He always comes when we need him most."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D TBH I don't know. Down the years of collecting old watches I rarely looked locally. Not in shops anyway(a few general auctions way back in the late 80's/early 90's). I found that the general rule was Irish prices were very overcooked. Gun to my head? I'd look at the bigger jewellers clustered around Grafton Street. Weir as an example.

Had a bit of a gander at Jimmii's link above. Care as always is needed with vintage watches. Good selection for local, but as an example in the Longines section here https://www.brereton.ie/watches-c12/longines-c120 Every one of them is a redial and not original(this reduces the value considerably. Or should). I'm suspicious of a couple of the older Rolex too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Have look in powerscourt shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

O'Reillys Auction house can have value sometimes. A family friend recently dropped €10k on a diamond tennis bracelet there that was valued for €20k at another jewelers.

I looked into buying a Rolex. They aren't that cheap to maintain, so that is a factor to take into consideration

• Advertisement
Advertisement