Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low can you go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: keep it civil please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,096 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

What's your opinion on intrinsic value? Probably swaying to I like getting absolutely burned everywhere I go, but at least I'm living in Ireland

The quality in Ireland is terrible, and supply curbed which leads to inflated house prices both on the rental and private sale markets. Politicians made the legislation to suit their personal portfolios. And now when people are screaming only is it a "real problem" get real

current rental yields would suggest that property isnt overvalued at all.

also people harking back to 2005 prices are forgetting that it was 12 years ago, at some point we will exceed those prices, thats natural.

anyway you have yet to offer any context or support for your position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Cyrus wrote: »
    current rental yields would suggest that property isnt overvalued at all.

also people harking back to 2005 prices are forgetting that it was 12 years ago, at some point we will exceed those prices, thats natural.

anyway you have yet to offer any context or support for your position

Which is artificially controlled by tax policies and legislation. Which is also swayed in favour of REITs and Vulture Funds who can effectively set what prices they like for substandard property due to low supply and implementation of demand side policies. It's quite apparent we're being pillaged and it's a golden ticket. We're a nation of mugs for accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,096 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Which is artificially controlled by tax policies and legislation. Which is also swayed in favour of REITs and Vulture Funds who can effectively set what prices they like for substandard property due to low supply and implementation of demand side policies. It's quite apparent we're being pillaged and it's a golden ticket. We're a nation of mugs for accepting it.

you will be delighted when it all comes tumbling down as you predict....

Cyrus wrote: »
    you will be delighted when it all comes tumbling down as you predict....

I know, it'll put stress on credit despite controls and the government will have to open the floodgates, banks will find a way to start lending again willy nilly despite basel and solvency restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

So it still makes sense to buy as cheaply as you can.
    That house on Sundrive can't fail to appreciate, in my opinion.
    There must be something very wrong with it, for it to not have sold! (Drainage? Title?)
    I'd pounce on it meself, if I had the dosh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: Neon_Lights and Cyrus, take it to PM.

Okey dokey I've made my point +1 on east wall BTW great value to be had

Advertisement