If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos upfirers

Options
  • 05-09-2017 9:28am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey gents
    currently looking at adding one or two pairs of upfiring speakers for atmos duties. not 100% sure what will work as they can't sit on top of my fronts as they are Bowers and wilkins 803's with the conical tweeter on top, so no flat surface. 

what have you got in terms of atmos speakers so i can figure out if any will work? (prices too shipped would be helpful :) )

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mossym wrote: »
    hey gents
    currently looking at adding one or two pairs of upfiring speakers for atmos duties. not 100% sure what will work as they can't sit on top of my fronts as they are Bowers and wilkins 803's with the conical tweeter on top, so no flat surface. 

what have you got in terms of atmos speakers so i can figure out if any will work? (prices too shipped would be helpful :) )
    Hi mossym,

To fit with the 803's I would be recommending something like the Kef Atmos speakers at £599:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201547-atmos.aspx

These would be the best sounding and you could get around the conical 803 design with a floating shelf.

The other way would be to use in celing speakers but these would not be as good an option a the Kefs.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

thanks David, i had spotted the Kef's alright, i just need to figure out how i mount them. let me figure that out and i'll be back

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mossym wrote: »
    thanks David, i had spotted the Kef's alright, i just need to figure out how i mount them. let me figure that out and i'll be back
    Hi Mossym.

No problem at all.

Give us a shout once you are ready.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.