Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 - R147 Traffic

Options
  • 05-09-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭

How's it fairing these mornings? Sounds like its backing up more and more each week.

I'm fortunate that I don't have to go near the M3 or M50 typically but when I do I can time my trip to later in morning if needs be.

My wife on the other hand is travelling Trim to Mulhuddart in the mornings. It sounds like it's getting worse by the week. I know the schools are back now too which will make it worse but she reckons its ratcheted up even more on the pre-summer traffic levels.

A guy from the AA on the radio this morning said that on average people are having to leave their homes a 1/2 hour earlier than in 2014.

What's everyone else's experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Navan to Dublin (Mulhuddart) and it's OK on the M3 (unless someone decides to drive 110 km/h in the right lane) but gets congested once you hit the part just before the Clonee exit. Clonee exit is congested too, full of builders and heavy trucks. And don't get me even started on the mor**s treating the exit road as the third lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's busier this week as the schools are back.
    Was backed up today at 7.15am half way between where the speed van usually is and the clonee exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Navan to Ballymount back to about 45 mins from 35ish over the hols; leaving Northern end of town at about 8.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Give it a few weeks and it will begin to settle again, sadly not to summer holiday levels of peace though! :o

Advertisement