Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will you all be watching the All Ireland and.....

• 05-09-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where everyone will be watching the game on the 17th?

And.... What do you think will happen to the county if they do manage to win? I'm sure you have all heard the horror stories about Donegal the last time they won, credit unions emptied of cash and lads drinking until Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

And.... What do you think will happen to the county if they do manage to win? I'm sure you have all heard the horror stories about Donegal the last time they won, credit unions emptied of cash and lads drinking until Christmas.

Horror stories??

They are dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Be watching in Croke Park :D

As for horror stories, most people will be working anyway. There will be plenty out on Sunday/Monday but that'll be the worst of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Be watching in Croke Park :D

As for horror stories, most people will be working anyway. There will be plenty out on Sunday/Monday but that'll be the worst of it.

If Mayo win, there will be plenty taking the full week off work.
    And I don't think they'll be leaving the county for any staycations etc.

If it was someones want, they could prob follow the team in Castlebar Monday night / Westport Tuesday night / Balllina Wed night / Belmullet Thurs night etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I just realised that I'm arriving in Westport (for a few days break, booked months ago)-on All Ireland Sunday, better bring our own food as everyone will be too busy watching the match!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ill be watching in croker again. hoping for a better result this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Id say quite a few would take the week off and go on an epic session.....but only if we win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

306 or 307, not sure yet till the tickets arrive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great to see that they're going to be putting a big screen up in The Mall for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PARlance wrote: »
    Great to see that they're going to be putting a big screen up in The Mall for the final.

Poor Shane Rodgers, will take him a week to clean up the mess left behind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Big screen not going ahead. Couldn't get it organised in time. Classic Castlebar. Shambles.

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    Big screen not going ahead. Couldn't get it organised in time. Classic Castlebar. Shambles.

Back on again now apparently.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I would have thought McHale Park would be the ideal place for a big screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Great it’s back on. I’d say it was the money involved that stopped the Spencer Street Traders Association. Gavins, Tolsters and the Connaught Inn and maybe Blue Thunder and Dominos are the only ones I can think of it would help. It would be hard for them to come up with all the cash I’d have thought. McDermotts, Tom Campbell photography and the Flower place, etc wouldn’t really benefit. Think they’re closed Sunday anyway.

Booze free event it claims. Can’t see how that’s going to work either. Those dancing at the crossroads and live music they had on main street last year had everyone drinking on the street. To be fair they tried to kept it plastic only and tried to have nobody with glass. Still looking forward to it. It’s where I’ll be watching the match as I can’t see myself getting a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jenno86 wrote: »

It is. Slight change of location.

http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/41722-large-screen-to-be-installed-on-main-st-castlebar-for-sunday-s-all-ireland-final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Fair play to the organisers, stewards and sponsors for the big screen. I wound up watching it there after an emergency change of plans (power cut!) and thought it was fantastic.

Let's hope we have reason to do it again next year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

maudgonner wrote: »
    Fair play to the organisers, stewards and sponsors for the big screen. I wound up watching it there after an emergency change of plans (power cut!) and thought it was fantastic.

Let's hope we have reason to do it again next year :pac:

What would you estimate the size of the crowd was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I'm really bad at guessing the size of a crowd so might be way off but I'll guess 3000?

It was really good. Weather helped a lot. No way you'd have so many sitting on the ground if it was raining. It was nice and loud too. I was afraid all the kids (of which they were many) wouldn't let me hear the commentary but no issues at all. Great success. Shame about the result.

#Mayo4Sam2018

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A good aerial shot of it.

21751456_10155050757713262_6131598796390325366_n.jpg?oh=11b744256c33324455f02b8400d1e4cf&oe=5A3E6D4D

• Advertisement
Advertisement