Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Spira

Options
  • 05-09-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Don't buy these Bush (or Argos) phones. They have no support for them. If they break they won't fix nor is there anyone else out there that will. I know I have tried.
    My phone fell to the ground and there was a crack on the screen. 8 mths later phone died in my hands so still under warranty I brought it back to Argos. They took it in and sent it off.
    A week later they rang to say they will not fix as the screen was broken. I said the screen was just cracked and would have nothing to do with the internal dying on me. But they said they would not be fixing it as the screen was broken.
    So I asked if they knew of anyone that would fix and she said they would have no details on that!
    Stay away or you will end up with a paperweight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Phone Stopped Working = covered by warranty
    Phone Screen Cracked = not covered by warranty

They only have your word that the screen was cracked 8 months ago. As far as they're concerned, it could have been the reason your phone died and you're chancing your arm with the 8 month gap.

Not fair, I know, but you have to see it from their point of view.

It's not a reason to stop buying bush phones from Argos. They're a decent brand of budget phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Have to agree with E here. Smashed screen means there's no chance they were going to repair. It was damaged and therefore it would be reasonable to assume that, that fall caused other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mr E wrote: »
    It's not a reason to stop buying bush phones from Argos. They're a decent brand of budget phone.

I would avoid their own brand stuff tbh. No parts supply is a pretty big limitation.

Would totally buy sim free branded handsets, just not their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Bush are rebranded Archos phones which are a French manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 minz34

The fact they have no support for these phones nor any info on who would support them IS reason enough to not buy these phones.
    Sh!t happens and when something goes wrong you should be able to get help sorting it out from either the manufacturer or seller. Neither are helping in this case.
    Argos HAS NO help either directly or indirectly.

If I knew that before I bought the phone I would not have spent my money on it.

Don't buy this phone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 minz34

The fact they have no support i.e. after sales service IS the reason people should NOT buy these phones!

Advertisement