Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Banking KeyCode app problem

Options
  • 05-09-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of issues with KeyCode install:

The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app doesn't show up on App Store on wifi only iPad running 10.3.3.
    On the iPhone it does show up, downloads, but won't launch throwing up a 'won't run on jailbroken device' error. The phone is running bog standard iOS 10.3.3 - it's not jailbroken. 

Not exactly a great experience so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

alastair wrote: »

The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app doesn't show up on App Store on wifi only iPad running 10.3.3.
    On the iPhone it does show up, downloads, but won't launch throwing up a 'won't run on jailbroken device' error. The phone is running bog standard iOS 10.3.3 - it's not jailbroken. 

Hi alastair,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

The Bank of Ireland KeyCode works with most smart mobile devices including iOS (8, 9, 10) and iPad Touch.

Can you let me know if you've been able to receive codes to this device before and if your phone is rooted?

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hi alastair,

The Bank of Ireland KeyCode works with most smart mobile devices including iOS (8, 9, 10) and iPad Touch.

Can you let me know if you've been able to receive codes to this device before and if your phone is rooted?

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

The phone isn't rooted, and I haven't been able to receive codes as the app refuses to launch as already described.

The app isn't showing up in the app store on the two iPads here, so no means of establishing if it works on them. And there's no such thing as an iPad Touch.

Hi alastair,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

The phone isn't rooted, and I haven't been able to receive codes as the app refuses to launch as already described.

The app isn't showing up in the app store on the two iPads here, so no means of establishing if it works on them. And there's no such thing as an iPad Touch.
    Hi alastair,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just checked and the App should be running as normal.

The app available, may require an update on your device(s). If you run an update on your iPads, and try install the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app from your App Store.

This is also available on iTunes.

In relation to your iPhone, if you're receiving this error you may need to bring it back to where you purchased it and ask them to take a look for you. As the App is a secure app, its recognising that your device is rooted, and would prevent your device from accessing it for security.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hi alastair,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

Hi alastair,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just checked and the App should be running as normal.

The app available, may require an update on your device(s). If you run an update on your iPads, and try install the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app from your App Store.

This is also available on iTunes.

In relation to your iPhone, if you're receiving this error you may need to bring it back to where you purchased it and ask them to take a look for you. As the App is a secure app, its recognising that your device is rooted, and would prevent your device from accessing it for security.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    The OS I indicated was installed; iOS 10.3.3 is the most recent OS, and cannot be updated until iOS 11 is released.

Latest piece of poor UX design uncovered - two users on the one business account - one has working app on iPhone, the other (me) not so much. One of two serial numbers related to account users therefore received - but you cannot continue on the admin panel on the website until BOTH serial numbers are entered - so BOTH are locked out of using the system. :mad:

Hi alastair,

Thanks for your reply.

We have a useful guide to using the KeyCode here.

If you're still having trouble we'd suggest that our call Business Online help desk directly, on 1890 818 265 and they should be able to help with this further.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Same problem - standard iphone with 10.3.3 - reporting that phone is Jailbroken and therefore cannot install. Had me a bit freaked out that somehow the phone was hacked unknow to us. However, I'm starting to think that this is just a bug in the BOI Keycode app - can you confirm please to relieve worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi phiipjmurphy,

If you contact the Business On Line Help Desk on 1890 818265 or business.online@boi.com a colleague will be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Thanks Tara. BTW, if anyone else has the Jailbroken issue, just upgrade your iPhone to make it go away. Moving to iOS 11 did the trick.

Advertisement