Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Vuelta STAGE 16 ITT 40.2km Circuito de Navarra / Logroño

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Sometimes riding for stages can be harder than GC

You have to chase very hard to get in break and then ride in wind all day and then finish it off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Lopez is the only hope .....The Shark might but he may not have it
    Zakarin & kelderman may be happy to fight each other for podium

Only hope is if Contador & the Shark unite

This ^. I'm really hoping Bertie has some more wild attacks left and Nibali or Lopez goes with him. I can't see him wanting to go out without giving it a shot.
    On his own, Lopez could try something early on the Angliru stage going off up the Corbetoria. It's wishful thinking but that's half of why I watch sports anyway.
    FWIW I don’t begrudge Froome the win if he takes it. Can't stand Brailsford and the Sky machine but I don't mind Froome. His performances and battles (and failing) in the Vuelta over the last few years have made it great viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Sometimes riding for stages can be harder than GC

You have to chase very hard to get in break and then ride in wind all day and then finish it off

Landa was certainly riding a very hard Giro as well as during it riding whilst after a nasty injury which would take more again out of the body even if he was quiet in racing terms for a short while.

The comparison in the Tour then between him & riders like Pinot & Quintana who were clearly pretty shattered was staggering.

Advertisement