Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Limerick laptops?

• 05-09-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Does Dell still make laptops in Limerick and if so, do they have an outlet in their factory where you can look at laptops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I remember walking into Dell in Raheen about 10 years ago looking for someone to fix my broken Dell laptop as the internet wasn't working on it. The guy I met just laughed at me and said they were not a technical help drop in centre. I think they just made the parts out there,I;m not sure if they still do :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not since 2009 OP :)

And panda, they were a manufacturing plant. They wouldn't have had any customer facing staff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Dell do still produce laptops, but not in Limerick (not since 2009 as said above). Most are build by Foxconn in China. They never had a 'factory outlet' either. They were online sales only until around 2007/8. Currys/PC World have a limited range of Dell laptops, but you need to go to their website for the full range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Actually there was an outlet. It was used for recon units that came back into Limerick for the strip down and rebuild teams. It was online but did exist. Long gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They have a factory outlet on their UK site here - http://www.dell.com/learn/uk/en/ukdfh1/campaigns/splitter

But they won't ship to Ireland directly from it and I'm not sure if you would get away with using the likes of parcel motel, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks all. I was just checking before I went and bought a new laptop....
    Pity, it would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

bazz26 wrote:
    But they won't ship to Ireland directly from it and I'm not sure if you would get away with using the likes of parcel motel, etc.

You can. I have 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    You can. I have ��

I used Parcel Wizard and what was annoying is that they use DPD which means it comes into Athlone, goes up North, comes back to Athlone and then comes to my house. Stupid really. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/336089?utm_source=product&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170907

I see a Dell refurb for 250 Euro if that is any interest.

Pros - Good Price, Good Processer

Cons - Smaller Screen

Advertisement