Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keycare- safe to claim off it?

Options
  • 05-09-2017 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering can you claim using 'Keycare' without fear of affecting future quotes from other insurers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It is a separate product from your motor insurance AFAIK.

The same way you don't declare claims from house insurance, this does not affect your motor insurance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Some insurers include loss of keys cover within their standard package and you have to disclose all previous claims relating to the cover you are proposing for. Shouldn't affect the premium though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Ok so would it be different to windshield cover where there is a doubt about the effect it may have on future quotes

I don't know what way potential insurers might treat it, but it is unlikely to have any effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

I don't know what way potential insurers might treat it, but it is unlikely to have any effect.

Therein lies the problem ,I believe

• Advertisement

Therein lies the problem ,I believe

You buy a policy from one insurer and you want to know how a different insurer will treat you if you claim? They are separate businesses and all have different acceptance terms. If they all had the same practice, it would smack of cartel behaviour.

Advertisement