Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir selling unavailable product

• 05-09-2017 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭

It's been two weeks now since eir installed fibre at my house, and well over a month since the salesman sold me the product. Everything in my house has been checked by a technician and is working fine, but the service still hasn't been activated.

Two weeks now without internet or phone service thanks to eir cutting us off from our previous provider. 

I've been promised twice it would be fixed within 48 hours, and absolutely nothing has been done.

I want to speak to someone who can actually fix this, or ill be going back to my previous provider - who are luckily a fibre reseller - to resume my old service until fibre is actually available here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

It's been two weeks now since eir installed fibre at my house, and well over a month since the salesman sold me the product. Everything in my house has been checked by a technician and is working fine, but the service still hasn't been activated.

Two weeks now without internet or phone service thanks to eir cutting us off from our previous provider. 

I've been promised twice it would be fixed within 48 hours, and absolutely nothing has been done.

I want to speak to someone who can actually fix this, or ill be going back to my previous provider - who are luckily a fibre reseller - to resume my old service until fibre is actually available here.
    Hi Doctor Jimbob,

I'm very sorry to hear that this issue still hasn't been resolved for you. Have you had a technician out with you since the last time I was speaking to you?

- Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Doctor Jimbob,

I'm very sorry to hear that this issue still hasn't been resolved for you. Have you had a technician out with you since the last time I was speaking to you?

- Adam

The last time I was speaking to you I had already been told the technician can't fix it.

Hi Doctor Jimbob,

- Adam

The last time I was speaking to you I had already been told the technician can't fix it.
    I'll look into this further for you and let you know when I have an update. 

- Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Heya what's your location. Looking for new service and not chancing this.

Heya what's your location. Looking for new service and not chancing this.

I'm in northwest Donegal, but have a look around here and you'll see reports of this happening all over the country.

By all accounts it's a fantastic service once it's up and running, and I'm sure the problems are very much in the minority, but I don't know if it's worth the risk/hassle.

• Advertisement

Hi Doctor Jimbob,

- Adam

- Adam
    Don't bother Adam, already got another "update" claiming it will be fixed within 48 hours on the phone. 

Given I was told the same thing twice last week, I won't be holding my breath,but we'll see what happens.

Hi Doctor Jimbob,

- Adam

- Adam
    Don't bother Adam, already got another "update" claiming it will be fixed within 48 hours on the phone. 

Given I was told the same thing twice last week, I won't be holding my breath,but we'll see what happens.
    If it's not fixed within this time frame, feel free to get back in touch with me here and I will chase it up for you.

- Adam

If it's not fixed within this time frame, feel free to get back in touch with me here and I will chase it up for you.

- Adam

I'll not be going through that again, thanks. Couple of questions you might be able to answer though.

1) Since eir also own the old copper cables going into my house, why can't they restore service on this until fibre is actually active?

2) If the above is impossible, why can't eir provide their mobile broadband until fibre is actually available?

3) Why does the eir line checker and map still claim fibre is available in my house when the redundant router sitting in my front room suggests otherwise?

Thanks.

Edit: Finally up and running!

- Adam

I'll not be going through that again, thanks. Couple of questions you might be able to answer though.

1) Since eir also own the old copper cables going into my house, why can't they restore service on this until fibre is actually active?

2) If the above is impossible, why can't eir provide their mobile broadband until fibre is actually available?

3) Why does the eir line checker and map still claim fibre is available in my house when the redundant router sitting in my front room suggests otherwise?

Thanks.

Edit: Finally up and running!
    The reason we couldn't restore your service is that the fibre was appearing as active on your account so we would have had to close your account and place a brand new order to have standard broadband activated. 

To avail of our mobile broadband plans you would have had to purchase a mobile broadband router for PAYG or enter a new contract for this service. 

The line checker states that fibre is available as this service is available to you. We weren't aware of the issues that prevented your order from going live until a technician went out to you.

Glad to hear it's up and running for you now and I sincerely apologise for the poor experience you've had with this order.

- Adam

The reason we couldn't restore your service is that the fibre was appearing as active on your account so we would have had to close your account and place a brand new order to have standard broadband activated. 

To avail of our mobile broadband plans you would have had to purchase a mobile broadband router for PAYG or enter a new contract for this service. 

The line checker states that fibre is available as this service is available to you. We weren't aware of the issues that prevented your order from going live until a technician went out to you.

Glad to hear it's up and running for you now and I sincerely apologise for the poor experience you've had with this order.

- Adam

With the first two points, I was questioning why an exception can't be made in a case where a customer is without service as a result of a problem on eir's end.

It seems the issue in the end was the technician connected it to the wrong box, so it appears to have been a genuine mistake, I was just getting concerned after reading posts on here stating the line checker was incorrect for them.

Thanks, and I have to say the product is fantastic now it's working, so I'd say it was worth the hassle in the end. Fair play to the technicians as well, they were here fairly late yesterday evening getting everything working.

• Advertisement

- Adam

With the first two points, I was questioning why an exception can't be made in a case where a customer is without service as a result of a problem on eir's end.

It seems the issue in the end was the technician connected it to the wrong box, so it appears to have been a genuine mistake, I was just getting concerned after reading posts on here stating the line checker was incorrect for them.

Thanks, and I have to say the product is fantastic now it's working, so I'd say it was worth the hassle in the end. Fair play to the technicians as well, they were here fairly late yesterday evening getting everything working.
    I completely understand, however, it wouldn't be possible to do this without cancelling your fibre order and it would have taken you longer to get a connection this way.

Glad to hear you're happy with the service. Let us know if you have any further queries.

- Adam

Advertisement