Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Wo)Man with a van wanted

Options
  • 05-09-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm am looking for someone to help move my recycling (12ish black sacks) from O' Connell Street to Greenstar recycling centre.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Unless the van operator is a waste operator, this might not be legal - only licenced waste operator can transfer waste (including recycling). Others can do it only when it is incidental to their work, e.g. a gardener removing clippings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alpa

I've been to Greenstar before and it's never been a problem. I just checked their website to be sure and it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The issue arises if you pay the person with a van to take the recycling and they just chuck it in a hedge instead of paying at the depot. Possibly if you accompanied the driver so that you are delivering it you would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alpa

There's no recycling bin where I live and I'm not allowed get one. So I have no choice but to let it build up in my small flat and sort out how to get it to a recycling centre. It's a pain and looks ulgy but making sure to recycle is important to me. I'm glad you mentioned that, I've thought of it already though and decided that'd I would definitely be going along :)

http://www.adverts.ie/man-with-a-van/man-with-a-van-waterford/7482336
    Don't know if the service is good, bad or indifferent as i'm not in Waterford but you could chance them. Hopefully he doesn't get stopped at any checkpoints on his way:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement