Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External storage in RAID 1.

Options
  • 05-09-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    The task is to create a usb portable drive for data storage. Ideally SD/microSD usb drive tha would have 2 or more cards setup in raid 1. To allow user to store critical information as on normal usb drive, but in case of one of memory cards failure the information is still available on other card in raid 1 configuration.
    Has anyone came across a comercially available usb drives?
    Any advise on DIY?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

mr.hider wrote: »
    Hi,
    The task is to create a usb portable drive for data storage. Ideally SD/microSD usb drive tha would have 2 or more cards setup in raid 1. To allow user to store critical information as on normal usb drive, but in case of one of memory cards failure the information is still available on other card in raid 1 configuration.
    Has anyone came across a comercially available usb drives?
    Any advise on DIY?
    Thanks.

I have never seen anything with SD/MicroSD cards. I doubt anything like that exists. Something that small would not really be suitable for critical data storage as you are very likely to lose them.

Here is a RAID enclosure with USB3 interface. You could populate with 2 SSDs. not very portable. http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MMEV932998

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

As they said doubt you'll get one that small however Lacie do a Raid version of their Rugged series : http://www.lacie.com/gb/en/professional/rugged/ bout as small as you'll get I'd say

Advertisement