Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Jason Donovan won't be competing this week, due to back pain, but plans to be back next week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaysus, will they get to a final week at all at this rate??

He'd have to have been one of the favourites for the win - clears the way for Faye now?

At least they've run out of subs to parachute in - I thought they'd give that fella last week a wee bit of a break, coming in weeks after everyone else!

The winner will be the last man / woman standing at this rate! They have been badly hit with everything from injuries to covid, this year.

Definitely thought Joe-Warren would be in the final, and a possible winner. Faye looking like a winner, or Lady Leshurr possibly, depending on what support she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Never heard of Lady Lessur before this but she is one great skater, takes risks and it pays off :) Faye is good aswell. I don’t think Jason or Colin would win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Autosport wrote: »
    Never heard of Lady Lessur before this but she is one great skater, takes risks and it pays off :) Faye is good aswell. I don’t think Jason or Colin would win it.
    I thought Colin def has potential - but if this is going to be a shortened series (and I can't see how it won't be at this rate!) then I don't think he'll have enough time to develop the skating and performance skills.

I also don't think LL has the support, although I think if she did she'd be well up there for the win, she's a fabulous skater.

Faye is a well known, popular actress - she has to be a shoo-in now, if she stays upright and covid-free.....

Faye is fantastic, I would love to see her win. Great attitude too.

I thought Lady Leshurr gave a lovely performance last week also. (I had never heard of her before this).

I wonder will they just have to cut the whole thing short. I feel sorry for all the performers, those still standing and those who are gone.

• Advertisement

I don’t know what way they’re judging tonight but I’m finding it way off

The only one I've really disagreed with is Rebecca, wasn't that hugely impressed with her.

The first two were brilliant.

Lots of pairs nearly running out of rink tonight!!

Loved Faye again tonight.

Aww, what a shame Joe had to leave. Lovely guy, and fab skater.

The canned applause was annoying me earlier at the rugby, and it's annoying me even more now in this!

I don’t think the right pair were in the dance off and disappointed with who’s gone. If Jason skates next week he is gone as he would be a weaker skater than the rest.

• Advertisement

I don’t think the right pair were in the dance off and disappointed with who’s gone. If Jason skates next week he is gone as he would be a weaker skater than the rest.

Yes, I agree.

I wonder if his support base will be enough to keep him in, that's supposing that he will be able to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No episode this week!

From the RTÉ website:

'Sunday’s Dancing On Ice live show will be replaced by special Dancing On Ice: The Greatest Show On Ice, which will be shown on ITV and Virgin Media One at 6pm.'

Ah here :eek: What the hell is happening

All sorts of speculation on Digital Spy, some wondering if Joe would be able to rejoin after the week, if he has recovered. Some saying they might abandon it completely. Who knows, I guess!
    I presume there are contracts involved so they will see it through to the end, somehow.

A week off might help everyone. I felt really sorry for Faye, especially, on Sunday night, and poor Hamish. I read that he was interviewed on some UK radio station, and said that he might need surgery on his hand.

Earlier today Hamish (partnered with Faye) said that he didn’t need surgery and he would be able to continue dancing in the show and now it has been confirmed he will no longer be taking part and Matt Evers is taking his place.

Aww, poor Hamish.

All the crap last year with his partner, and this year it looked like he had a great chance of winning with Faye.

Ah here :eek: What the hell is happening
    They're running out of competitors still able to stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the Emmerdale guy is returning and I was delighted to be rid of him.(I know he's good but he annoys me).

I hope he is making a good recovery. Would like to see him being able to return.

• Advertisement

Jason Donovan has been advised by doctors not to return, due to back injury.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56153032

Will there be anyone left :D

Will there be anyone left :D

We may have to offer to participate, auto! :D

I feel sorry for all of them really. It's become a total mess.

It’s never been this bad before, I’d be like Bambi on ice :D

It’s never been this bad before, I’d be like Bambi on ice :D

I'd fall over before I got anywhere near the ice! :D

I certainly wouldn’t be Fabulous :D

I am in awe, every year, at how the competitors start, possibly never having skated before, certainly not professionally, and then go on to perform so well.

The professional performance during the interval on February 14th was absolutely amazing.
    Yebin and Mark. OMG, such talent.

Scoring all over the shop again tonight.

I thought Colin was great, but not 37.5 (or whatever he got) great.

And Sonny-Jay the same (but worse!) - thought he was a bit all over the shop tbh - out of sync with his partner a lot of the time, he looked like he made a bags of the spin, they both looked like they were seriously off balance at the very end, and while it was fast and furious and very entertaining, I just thought it was a bit scatty looking overall.

I thought Rebecca's dance was lovely, that was marked about right for me.

Awww, I'm delighted to see Matt back, I love him!

Although what a shame for Hamish, seems like a very random accident!

• Advertisement

To be fair I didn’t really like any of the dances tonight, too sloppy, too many mistakes considering they had an extra week off. They all deserved to go home tonight

Advertisement