Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lady Lesur is Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They're fairly firing out the 10s tonight!

Not sure they're entirely deserved, but nice to see LL, and esp Faye finally getting great marks.

Really rooting for Colin, don't think he'll win overall but I'd love to see him get through to the final

Not to knock their personal stories, but I love the fact that Colin did a happy, positive dance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm slightly behind, missed last week.

Will be watching later, just the performances, minus the filler. I know who went home.

I don’t know who I want to win. No stand out moments for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Autosport wrote: »
    I don’t know who I want to win. No stand out moments for me.

I liked Faye from the beginning, and thought she got a hard time from the judges. And possibly not as high marks as she deserved.
    That's about as far as I got as regards having any favourite.

I would have liked to see Joe in the final. I read somewhere that he was the only one that seemed really happy to be in the competition :D

I'm not as convinced as I was last year about who I wanted to win, I so wanted it to be Perri.

Are we ready for the final tonight?

I am!

I'm a bit behind, slowly playing catch up via the ad breaks

Wasn't particularly overwhelmed by either of the first two tbh - but the fact that I'm slightly distracted by making dinner while watching might account for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

No way did Colin deserve full marks. It was boring. Tbf, I think all the scores were higher than deserved.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    No way did Colin deserve full marks. It was boring. Tbf, I think all the scores were higher than deserved.

I think they're all so relieved to have actually got to a final, they'd give a pair of donkeys full marks! :D

Poor Mark (? Vicki's partner) falling flat in their brief reappearance! I'd say he's only morto!!!

• Advertisement

I think Faye might just shade it tonight.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think Faye might just shade it tonight.

I’m in agreement with you there

Jeepers, T&D are just incredible!!

Their synchronicity is off the scale! And their fitness is frightening - they're both in their 60's :eek: The core strength alone.....

And we were shown how wrong we were :D

Autosport wrote: »
    And we were shown how wrong we were :D

I was too late to post what occurred to me.... he undoubtedly had by far the bigger nationwide campaign going! Radio trumps a soap, every time!

But I'm not too put out, they were both great in fairness.

I really liked Sonny Jay but I thought Faye deserved to win.

Yes I think Faye skated better tonight but as pointed at Sonnay had a bigger audience although I hadn’t heard of either of them. I don’t watch the soaps

Starting again, Sunday evening, and with Oti Mabuse replacing Barrowman.

I love Oti and I couldn't stand him, so I'm looking forward to it already.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/g38709087/dancing-on-ice-2022-celebrities-professional-dance-partners/

Well, that is the best news I've had all day, and possibly all week!!!

Can't wait - having this back, and and the pottery started up, is getting me through the dark days of January and February.

Hurray!

Only watching it now, due to a mega clash of stuff last night.

Bloody hell, Brendan Cole fairly came out swinging!!! 😳

I'd say Vanessa feels like the cat that got the cream - she certainly looks like it!!

• Advertisement

Jesus - the Love Island lips 😱😱

OMG.... Bez...... there are no words!!

😱 🙈

I'm not a fan of the trout lips at the best of time but my god those are dreadful. Can she possibly think they look good?

You would honestly have to wonder.

Is she this season's GC? 😱

Definitely a two horse race between Brendan and Kimberly so far.... Will there be a third (and/or fourth??) contender? Although the BMX fella could turn out to be useful, he had a shocking routine and music this week, did him no favours at all. Even if he could perform, that gave him no platform to do it (I suspect that'll be his steep leaning curve)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dancing on Ice star Sean Rice has died aged 49

Watched the show minus most of the talky bits. Much better that way. Brendan and Kimberley were very good.

Bez was hilarious. He is still better on the ice than I would be anyway. 😂

Sally is lovely, she always comes as a really nice woman. Corrie fans will probably keep her vote up. And I admire her, because she was nervous but still got on with it.

Delighted to have Oti on the judging panel. And Ashley was smiling and positive towards the contestants. He used to be so sour last time around, and never seemed to acknowledge the fact that most of them are new to the ice.

Looking forward to Sunday night.

Phil has covid, so Stephen Mulhern is presenting tonight with Holly.

I caught up last night on last weekend. Minus all the talky bits, I enjoyed the performances.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Bez, all of the judges acknowledged that he is working really hard, and he is just so likeable, to me.

• Advertisement

I have to say I just don't get (the love for) Bez. I'd never heard of him before he popped up on Masterchef, and it was like he was the Queen or something, they were only short of bowing before him!

I mean, he's grand, seems like a nice enough fella - but he wasn't great at cooking and he's absolutely crap at skating (which means he'll probably make the semi-final!!)

Mind you, I just have to think "The GC" and I'm suddenly his greatest fan!!

Anyway, not to be starting Sunday off on a downer note - this popped up in my FB feed today, and I thought I'd post it here.

How ice-dancing should be done, with bells on. A-maz-ing!

(I recommend a large screen and top volume!!)

Advertisement