Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah jeepers, I was not expecting that for an elimination tonight!

Unfortunate how it happened, I thought she'd go far.

But on the upside, Sylvain skates on 😍

I absolutely loved the Fame routine, a total trip down memory lane!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to catch up yet.

I was surprised when I read who was eliminated tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Caught up late last night, very enjoyable performances.

I didn't think Carley would be the one to go. I do think she was overmarked and overpraised by the judges from the start, which might have gone against her. Seems like a lovely lady, I must say.

Glad Siva was saved, I think he skates like a pro. The Corrie vote is keeping Mollie in, imo. Fair play to Roy/ David for answering so diplomatically when Holly put him on the spot about whether she deserved a place in the semi final.

Siva and Mollie out next week, I am guessing.

All over for another year. Delighted that Nile won.

I still hate the headbanger, no matter who does it! 😁

I'm also delighted to see Nile win - I was rooting for him from the start.

What on earth happened to Joey in the Bolero? Vanessa looked furious with him! She was talking him through the whole dance, did he just have brain-freeze or something?

I really thought that Olivia was going to "headbang" Nile! I loved the fact that they had both competed at the Olympics, I'd say there was a meeting of minds there, and a shared competitive spirit that would be hard to beat.

A very enjoyable series overall.

• Advertisement

I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet. They were so perfect together. I thought that too that she was going to do it because she did lift him previously. I'm absolutely delighted that they won. Definitely the right winners.

I saw a comment elsewhere that Joey didn't expect that he was going to have to do the Bolero. 😁 I also read about her looking furious and having to talk him through it. Oh dear - end of a beautiful relationship 😝!

I was really impressed with Colin, lovely skater and the ease with which he lifted The Vivienne throughout the competition! Colin seems to be a lovely guy and I hope he is retained as a pro.

Definitely a very enjoyable series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Like everyone else I really enjoyed this series and was delighted that Nile and Olivia won as they truly deserved to. I hated it in other years when the more popular celebrity won out over the better skater but that's just how it goes. Agree that Vanessa was really cross with Joey and she definitely talked him through the whole routine which is a shame as he had been doing so well. I have to say I thought Oti's comment to Joey about how she had not expected much from him was quite mean. I know what she said but there are much nicer ways to say it, personally I don't really like Oti at all.

Schofield has resigned completely from ITV. Will need new host(s) for DOI.

2024 line up so far.

Stephen (Gogglebox UK) is the seventh celebrity to be announced, joining the previously announced World Champion Boxer Ricky Hatton MBE, actress Claire Sweeney, actress and singer Hannah Spearritt, West End star Amber Davies and Olympic Champion and presenter Greg Rutherford MBE and TV personality Miles Nazaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,237 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The full cast of 2024's Dancing on Ice is made up of Olympian Greg Rutherford, Love Island star Amber Davies, S Club 7's Hannah Spearritt, Brookside star Claire Sweeney, boxer Ricky Hatton, Gogglebox's Stephen Lustig-Webb, Made in Chelsea star Miles Nazaire, EastEnders actor Ricky Norwood, BBC Radio 1's Adele Roberts, comedian Lou Sanders, Emmerdale's Roxy Shahidi and Coronation Street's Ryan Thomas.

The same judging panel from recent years is yet to be officially confirmed but it's expected to see the return of Strictly Come Dancing alum Oti Mabuse alongside iconic skating duo Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean, and Britain's Got Talent's Ashley Banjo.

• Advertisement

Stephen Lustig-Webb (ex Gogglebox UK) has been forced to withdraw from next year's DOI after sustaining an injury during training. 

Stephen Mulhern set to be announced as the new co host

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Some talk Holly is returning then also Josie Gibson is the frontrunner to take over from Holly

I don't think it ever needed two presenters tbh.

Just one week until it returns! 😁

Anyone watching??? Can't believe there's been no posts on here!

I'm not sure this "dance" week is working, some of them just don't work at all (like Eddie's jive, for which he was very overmarked IMO - they missed a lift and it was terribly meh, much as I love him!). And that tango was just awful.

I happened to look on Twitter last week and there was murder going on there over Lou's scores - can't say I agree with the campaign at all, she's like a rag doll a lot of the time, or a petulant child who just doesn't want to be skating - she's clearly fit as a fiddle, and fearless with it, just needs to look like she give a **** and she'd be vastly improved! Her reaction to the scores doesn't help endear me to her either.....

Overall an enjoyable series though.

God, I hope Lou is voted off, her attitude stinks and she's just so.... passive.

Whereas Claire, even if she's not technically as good a skater as Lou, is giving it socks (and she's injured).

• Advertisement

Ah ffs - just starting to watch this, Adele was out of time for most of that hoedown dance, lost the steps a heap of times - now she's brilliant, not taking away from her performance throughout the serious - but that was easily her worst dance of the whole show.

4 x 10

🙄

It's clear who's going to win this already.

Poor Greg - he really had a fighting chance in this.

OK, I stand corrected!!

Ah I'm delighted with Ryan as a winner, I thought he was great.

Miles and Vanessa looked like they assumed they had it all wrapped up.

I preferred Ryan and Amani's bolero, although they're all beginning to look much the same at this stage, how many variations can you come up with, with only a minute or so of dancing to play with?

I hope Greg is OK, it was all a bit mysterious on the programme, and nothing much that I can see on social media....

Advertisement