Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kem in the bottom two was a surprise.

The show is missing something. I dont know wither its cause Jake is miles ahead or it seems very safe or something but it's very bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yes was very surprised at that.

It doesn't seem to have the excitement and I do think that is because we already know Jake has it won. In past series even if there was a clear favourite there was always someone who may have been able to pull off a shock victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I just can’t wait to see what Jake is going to do each week but I have a soft spot for Brooke too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dancing On Ice 2018: Viewers brand ITV series a 'FIX' after controversial show shake-up

Dancing on Ice fans were not impressed last night when producers decided to shake-up the show’s format, with many claiming it left some of the stars at a disadvantage.

Each week the Dancing On Ice celebrities take to the rink to perform before a special guest entertains the audience while viewers vote for their favourite couple.

However last night, fans were in uproar when Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield announced their would be a special Disney On Ice performance halfway through the show.

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent, Good Morning Britain weatherman Alex Beresford and rugby ace Max Evans had all performed their first routine before the professionals took to the rink.

Meanwhile, Jake Quickenden and Kem Cetinay were still waiting for their chance to show off their skills.

When fans of the ITV series learned that the two stars had to wait until after the Disney On Ice performance they claimed Kem and Jake were at a disadvantage.

Taking to Twitter to comment on the controversial shake-up, one viewer wrote: “So no pressure for Kem and Jake, having to follow up the Disney On Ice professionals now! Seems a bit unfair tbh... #DancingonIce.”

Another added: “Why have they put the "Disney on Ice" segment on so early? Wouldn't it have made more sense to put it on between each set of performances (between the fifth couple's first performance and the first couple's second) as a gap bridger? #DancingOnIce.”

“I feel this Disney on Ice is on way too early and should be on when waiting for the results #DancingOnIce,” a third commented.

Someone else shared: “Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking Disney on ice is amazing but it’s a bit fixed when two other skaters are still to perform #DancingOnIce.”

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/924092/Dancing-On-Ice-2018-viewers-fix-ITV-Disney-On-Ice-Phillip-Schofield-Holly-Willoughby

THIS ISN'T NEWS!!!!!

18lwfd.jpg

I have to agree, meanwhile, that the show appears to be lacking something. It certainly doesn't help that Jake is streets ahead of everyone else - but if putting the show together could be compared to shopping at Tesco or Dunnes, it does feel as though ITV have bought some of the own-brand products where perhaps they should have bought the branded equivalents. :o

And it seems that quite a lot of viewers agree that something's missing, too - after well over eight million tuned in to the first episode, figures have slipped below six million. I hardly need to say that the tabloids and gossip sites are stifling their laughter... :rolleyes:

All that said, ITV are still wholeheartedly supporting the show. If they weren't, they wouldn't have recommissioned it for 2019 without hesitation... ;)

https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/dancing-on-ice-is-set-to-return-to-screens-in-2019-for-a-new-series-a3749616.html

(And this *is* news. ;))

Going to be one hell of a final :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Autosport wrote: »
    Going to be one hell of a final :)
    Thank you so much for not spoiling it for me!

Had it recorded and watching back now.

Awww, I really love Brooke (although she could stop now with all the "doin' it for the geerrrlllzzzzzzz" routine). She's such a fighter - clearly the underdog but giving it socks all the same. And she's funny.

Flippin' hell, who designed Max's suit/costume for the second dance? :eek:

Brooke making the final has to be considered a Good Thing - the tabloids and gossip sites would, quite naturally, have laughed if it had been an all-male affair (especially after the first four eliminations of the series).

She's second-favourite to win, but still a long way behind Jake - as illustrated by our final look at the bookies' markets... ;)

Paddy Power: Jake 1/6, Brooke 5/1, Max 9/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Jake 1/5, Brooke 9/2, Max 14/1
    William Hill: Jake 1/6, Brooke 6/1, Max 10/1

Max to go first and then Brooke but Jake has always been miles ahead of everyone. He deserves to win and I feel the judges are thinking the same.

I’m torn now between them. Love them both

• Advertisement

What a result!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What a result!!

Terrible series this time round, winner was obvious from week 1 and it all just seemed very safe or something.

I reckon this will be axed again shortly.

Well, it's just about to start again... ;)

This year's line-up includes Brian McFadden, James Jordan, Jane Danson (Leanne from Corrie), Richard Blackwood, Saira Khan, Saara Aalto and Ryan Sidebottom (who, unlike fellow England bowler Monty Panesar last year, hasn't had to pull out before skating in anger).

It also includes a Pussycat Doll (not Ashley, of course, and not Nicole either), as well as...

Gemma-Collins-1125565.jpg

Incidentally, she was one of the first two celebs to be announced, at the start of October (Richard being the other). You can draw your own conclusions.

The line-up in full: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-01-05/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumours-itv/

No change to the judging panel from last year - though Ashley Banjo and his wife are expecting their first child, and he would understandably pull out if she went into labour. Meanwhile, Karen Barber returns as head coach - how will she and Jason get along?

The trailer again features a polar bear dancing to "The Impossible Dream" - this time partnered by a squirrel:

But the big question, of course, is what will the viewing figures be like? Last year, over eight million people tuned in to the first episode - but only seven million stuck around for the second, and only six million watched Jake Quickenden triumph in the final. It *did* feel like the show lacked something last year, despite the clear TLC that had been put into it - and it prompted me to make this supermarket-themed comparison:
    If putting the show together could be compared to shopping at Tesco or Dunnes, it does feel as though ITV have bought some of the own-brand products where perhaps they should have bought the branded equivalents. :o

Well, let's see if they've bought the branded products this time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

How can they possibly claim James Jordan has no advantage in being a pro dancer ?

Is it wrong I really want Gemma Collins fall flat on her face. I just don't get the love for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I don't think he will be doing any lifts :)

I'm waaaay behind, but was delighted to come home and find this recording - had no idea it was starting tonight - clever Sky box :D

I'm about four dancers in - fair dues to Rizzo at 67 taking on this :eek: She was awful, but deserves kudos for even thinking about doing it!

Leanne from Corrie definitely has potential - she looked frozen with nerves, but presumably that'll wear off if she gets a few weeks in.

The X-factor girl - set herself up for a hard time with all the "I skated as a child" malaarkey, and clearly bottled out of the lifts they'd been contemplating in practice - overall it was a very average performance for me, considering - but again, first night nerves?

I've just got to James Jordan, and it's only hilarious to see him down at the bottom step, having to eat humble pie and being told "you're not a pro dancer here, you're a novice coming in to be taught" :D Get over yerself James!!

Jesus, Bryan McFadden is a right pain in the arse :(
    Hopefully that can be put down to first night nerves as well, althought I fear not......

I love Gemma :D

Gemma was a hard watch. But I made myself sit through it (no idea why).

Do not get her (or the love for her) AT ALL. Think I might just be too old.

Poor Matt, I really like him, this will be torture for him.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Gemma was a hard watch. But I made myself sit through it (no idea why).

Do not get her (or the love for her) AT ALL. Think I might just be too old.

Poor Matt, I really like him, this will be torture for him.

No Brian is going to be torture

No Brian is going to be torture
    Well I certainly won't disagree with that - but I'd take him any day over Gemma, not sure how much more of her I'll be able to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I thought 'The GC' was even worse than Mark Little. Shame the public disagreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

I’m only catching up now, fair play to the lot of them..they can do a lot more than i can on ice..

Brian McFadden is so unlikable

Yep, as I feared, Bryan McF is as painful as ever. And pretty crap to boot. What on earth was he thinking putting it up to James Jordan on actual telly???

The fecking SIZE of Ryan Sidebottom :eek:

Brianne is doing a lot of eye-rolling with that Aussie fella - I get the impression she's less than happy with her partnership this series! I've always found her to come across as smug and a wee bit arrogant, so I'm more amused by this than anything!

The pros start to that group dance was incredible!

Gemma Collins without the make up on (and even with it, tbh) is the unhealthiest-looking person I've seen in a long time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Holly going all out....!

Gamma Collins will be head to toe in bling.

Well there's a surprise (not!)

Alex is a very brave lady depending on Bryan for lifts :eek:

• Advertisement

How do they plan the lineup in terms of who goes first /last. I'd hate to think they leave that wannabe diva Gemma til last so they get ppl watching til end. I hate that they give her soooo much credence. I'm sure the other 'celebs' feel it too. When most of them have some modicum of talent to be conside red celebs in the first place compared to her.

Advertisement