Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

She seems like quite the heartbreaker, even allowing for all the romantic liaisons that seem to develop on these shows! Hope for Kev's sake it's the real deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah I'm delighted for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I do not understand why they still do the headbanger. It’s a banned move in professional skating. I can’t even watch it when they do it, and it doesn’t even look pretty! Someone is going to get seriously hurt attempting it at some stage. I had visions of Maura’s head splitting open across the ice. Loved her doing her practice in her dressing gown however :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh I know, it petrifies me, I can't watch it. I keep thinking it's going to go wrong.

Jeepers, poor Joe tonight - he looked like he was going to be sick or faint or something - fair play to him actually going out and performing in the circumstances. Even Philip nearly lost it saying his few words at the start.

Good on them all, making the show go on.

Maura is doing herself no favours whatsoever throwing strops every time her scores are lower than what she thinks she deserves - those antics so soon after Joe skating just make her look awful, like a sulky brat.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Joe - what's happened to his original partner Alexandra? She's there every week, dressed up in glittery skating outfits, but there's no mention of her ever, or her recovery (or not) from whatever injury happened to her. In fact, what DID happen to her? Did they ever say?

Ooooh, there'll be killings backstage after them giving Ben 4 9's for the headbanger :eek:

Joes partner had an injury which is why she was replaced. Kinda surprised at the skate off tonight

Autosport wrote: »
    Joes partner had an injury which is why she was replaced. Kinda surprised at the skate off tonight
    Yeah, I remember them saying that she had an injury - but they usually say what happened, and I don't remember them saying or showing what had happened to her. And they haven't so much as mentioned her since!

Poor Lisa - it was all going soooo well! Class ending though, and at least she seemed to take it in good heart and have a laugh at it all :D

Haven't got to the skate off yet.... Perri upcoming, can he beat Ben's score (of course he can!)

Lovely to see Perri dancing with his hair let loose!

They managed that trolley brilliantly in fairness - how on earth did Vanessa managed to get herself up and onto it by herself twice??? That's a feat in itself!

• Advertisement

Oh ffs!

Maura (as much as I give out about her antics) was by far the stronger skater in that skate-off - Libby, I know she's blind, I know she's brave, I know she's brilliant, I know yadda yadda yadda - but she's being given a pass every single week, and I'm sorry but Maura should not have gone out instead of her on that skate. Having said that, her reaction was a leeeeetle over the top!

Yea I was surprised that they sent them home. Perri is still miles above the rest

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lovely to see Perri dancing with his hair let loose!

They managed that trolley brilliantly in fairness - how on earth did Vanessa managed to get herself up and onto it by herself twice??? That's a feat in itself!

Yes, I though they were amazing!

Barrowman is really annoying going on and on about Perri not smiling, FFS. Is that the best he has to offer by way of a criticism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yes, I though they were amazing!

Barrowman is really annoying going on and on about Perri not smiling, FFS. Is that the best he has to offer by way of a criticism :rolleyes:

John Barrowman is painful, a case of an empty vessel making the most noise.

Perri was miles ahead of the others tonight and I'm not surprised at who left. Luke Evans is a good singer :)

Perri was miles ahead of the others tonight and I'm not surprised at who left. Luke Evans is a good singer :)

Haven't watched yet, but I agree. He has to be the winner. I think he is fantastic. I look forward to seeing his performance every week.

Had a quick peek online to see who was in the skate off and who went home. :)

Caught up now. Really enjoyed the show. Lisa left very graciously, fair dues.

Libby's being over marked.

deisemum wrote: »
    Libby's being over marked.

Last week was the first time I wouldn't have agreed with this, I've given out all along about the marks she was getting, but I think she skated as well and better than Lisa in the skate off last week.

Hmmm, further to the above - interesting to see how she copes with this week's challenge, skating half the routine alone, given she's effectively blind :eek:

(I'm 40 mins behind, only watching ther first skate now)

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Last week was the first time I wouldn't have agreed with this, I've given out all along about the marks she was getting, but I think she skated as well and better than Lisa in the skate off last week.

She's been over marked tonight, getting higher marks than Perri is beyond a joke.

She's been over marked tonight, getting higher marks than Perri is beyond a joke.

How the hell did Perri only get those marks :eek:

Ah ffs - 2 10's???

Now she's great, no doubt about it - but that was not a 10 skate.

That's not a level playing field.

I would dearly love to know what the others think of her marks - mind you, going by the cheers when they skated off the rink, they're happy for her, and if that's the case then fair enough!

It's like the X Factor with the sob story for the sympathy vote.

Have to say I agreed with Ashley, Perri's first skate was (relatively) underwhelming for him. That may have been down to the choreography though.

I expect him to seriously up his game for skate no 2!

10 x 4 well deserved.

10 x 4 well deserved.

I felt emotional watching that dance, just pure dance :) well deserved score

Perri was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Perri’s second skate was amazing, if it was the final he would win on that alone. Libby is good but she is way overmarked.

• Advertisement

Libby in the bottom two for the third week running, they'll probably save her again.

Advertisement