Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air BnB insurance

Options
  • 05-09-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I heard about some insurance company - the only one in Ireland - that provide insurance for your Air B&B booking. Did anyone else hear about this? Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

AirBnB have home insurance included when you rent your premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

boardzz wrote: »
    AirBnB have home insurance included when you rent your premises.

It isn't sufficient on its own

The rest of your insurance will be invalidated without informing the insurers, nearly all of which will terminate the insurance. Hence you are no longer covered for structural damage etc.

I'm moving this to Accomodation & Property - its not a consumer issue at all as an AirBnB host is a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

L1011 wrote: »
    It isn't sufficient on its own

The rest of your insurance will be invalidated without informing the insurers, nearly all of which will terminate the insurance. Hence you are no longer covered for structural damage etc.

I'm moving this to Accomodation & Property - its not a consumer issue at all as an AirBnB host is a business.

I am asking as a customer rather than a host. What happens in the event of cancellation of a booking.

Advertisement