Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disposing of a LPG Gas Boiler?

• 05-09-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, any ideas of how to dispose of an old Potterton LPG50 Profile wall hung LPG Gas boiler please.

I reckon its got to be around 17 years old - I bought it brand new and I can remember paying for it in punts (500 punts I think it were) so that shows you how old it must be. its in excellent condition but the control box with the spark electronic control stopped working on it , and that is all. over the years I have always been hesitant of getting rid of it because I felt it a shame because of the condition it was in , so I have just in effect been moving it with me to every house we have moved to!

Over time I have put it up on various sale sites even trying to just get 50euro for spares for it and even at one time I even had it free of charge to take away. but still no takers. - I just thought maybe a heating engineer might be able to make use of a load of parts if he was called out on a job on a potterton boiler and the heat exchanger was leaking or something or if the balanced flue fan was wrecked in one or the thermostat gone they might be able to make use of the parts. But no interest whatsoever.

So where does one dispose of an item such as this at the end of its life or if they are having a clear-out (such as me at the moment) ?

You can hardly dispose of this at recycling centre can you? - I mean it does run on electric as well (for the control box/valve etc) - If i put a lead on it with a plug , they do say if it has a plug on it then it can be recycled dont they? :D

But no seriously its a right ol lump of a thing with its cast iron exchanger and its long overdue I got rid of it now

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Scrap yard will take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

DGOBS wrote: »
    Scrap yard will take it.

really, the whole lot or will I have to take the cast iron exchanger out of it?

Should take the whole lot.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

DGOBS wrote: »
    Should take the whole lot.....

oh good, I shall have to look up where me nearest one is then cheers

Any good heating engineer wouldn't be interested in it, as can't stand over the quality and safety of secondhand gas components, glad to see it will be scrapped!

• Advertisement
Advertisement