Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrastructure in place but no fibre

• 05-09-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I have unusable broadband here through copper phone lines as I am so far away from the exchange, less than 1 mb and dropping continually, 
    Imagine my delight when fibre cable and distribution boxes were placed along our road last February, kept checking my Eircode and always told it was not available.
    I have last week got a reply from openeir that I was part of the NBP,.
    Surely this makes poor business sense as I can see fibre cable from my front window, and a distribution box on a pole either side of my house, I can't comprehend why I have to wait another two or three years, as a house 500 metres away is after getting fibre installed.
    I would be delighted if an eir rep could look into this madness ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Everyone,
    I have unusable broadband here through copper phone lines as I am so far away from the exchange, less than 1 mb and dropping continually, 
    Imagine my delight when fibre cable and distribution boxes were placed along our road last February, kept checking my Eircode and always told it was not available.
    Surely this makes poor business sense as I can see fibre cable from my front window, and a distribution box on a pole either side of my house, I can't comprehend why I have to wait another two or three years, as a house 500 metres away is after getting fibre installed.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to get fibre at this time. Can you PM me your eircode and (if you're an eir customer) your account number and full name, please?

If fibre isn't available to you, I'll be unable to arrange for the process to have your line upgraded to be done any quicker, however, if you send me your details, I may be able to get more information on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to get fibre at this time. Can you PM me your eircode and (if you're an eir customer) your account number and full name, please?

If fibre isn't available to you, I'll be unable to arrange for the process to have your line upgraded to be done any quicker, however, if you send me your details, I may be able to get more information on this for you.

- Adam
    PM sent Adam 

Hi Everyone,

Hi there,

- Adam
    PM sent Adam 
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM when I have an update for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

Hi Everyone,

Hi there,

- Adam
    PM sent Adam 

- Adam
    Thanks Adam for looking into this matter for me ..... 

Hi Everyone,

Hi there,

- Adam
    PM sent Adam 

- Adam
    Thanks Adam for looking into this matter for me ..... 
    You're welcome.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement