Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Leave and Notice

Options
  • 05-09-2017 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice.

I'm leaving my current position as I have been offered a new role. My contract states that I must give two weeks notice. To be fair to my current employer I offered one months notice as they are short staffed at the minute.
    I was due to take a weeks annual leave during this period and then return for my final week to finish up any outstanding tasks.
    My manager came this morning and asked me to change my notice to two weeks and leave before my holiday.
    The job I work in is commission based so I would have been earning commission whilst on holiday.

My question is, do I have to leave my holiday as I have it booked months in advance or can I state that my leaving date will be the last day of my holiday?
    Someone told me there may be a law about having a leaving date changed if it coincides with annual leave.

Advertisement