Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administration Fee for Changing Address

Options
  • 05-09-2017 4:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just been told over the phone that it will cost me €30 to change my address on my car insurance policy. I move 200m up the road and I have to pay €30 to change the address on a policy which expires in one month.

Is this actually for real? An administration fee to input a f*cking address? I previously changed my address 2.5 years ago and was not charged to change the address so why am I being charged now?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

I've just been told over the phone that it will cost me €30 to change my address on my car insurance policy. I move 200m up the road and I have to pay  €30 to change the address on a policy which expires in one month.

Is this actually for real? An administration fee to input a f*cking address? I previously changed my address 2.5 years ago and was not charged to change the address so why am I being charged now?
    Hi RacoonQueen, 

PM me your policy details and i will take a look into this for you. 

Regards Kieran

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

In response to your ridiculous, unhelpful response to my PM :rolleyes:

Telling me it is in a policy booklet is no good. I am up for renewal now and you would have changed it for FREE in two weeks time when I was renewing with you. So why charge me this now?
    Don't insult me with 'thanks for the feedback' absolutely ridiculous, gouging policy. It costs you nothing to change the address on my policy. And I did not pay this the last time I changed my address.
    I do NOT authorise the charge of €30 from Liberty to change my address on my policy. The car is parked in pretty much the same location (I only moved 200m). You are charging me just because I have moved. That is a shocking, disgusting policy.

To charge that when the policy is up in exactly a month is even worse. Clearly you have absolutely no interest in retaining customers.

Have I mentioned, my policy is up in a month and I am being charged 30 quid for what you would have done for free in a couple of weeks when I called to renew my policy. How ridiculous is that? I was going to renew with you, I have had my policy with liberty for 6 years. No justification to charge at any time, even less so now that my policy is nearly up and you would not have charged for it when I was renewing my policy.

You've lost a customer with this anyway. I'll be getting my new policy elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Funny how quickly you responded to my first post as you pretend to be helpful, but, nothing after hours from my second one. :rolleyes:

Do I have to call you now to tell you I'm not renewing with you? Assume renewal quote docs already sent out to old address? Would you charge me for that too or what?

Understand now why you won't allow the change of address through the online portal like you allow other changes...can't gouge people as easily that way I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AshwinHer

Hi Today same thing happened to me they charged 30 Euros for change in address on existing policy. I have to renew the insurance in a months time and will never go to liberty again with petty hidden charges like these. When I asked for what they are charging, the response was administration charges. I still wonder what admin work they need to do just to change address on policy document which is less than a minute job..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 seamusmacspud

Funny how quickly you responded to my first post as you pretend to be helpful, but, nothing after hours from my second one. :rolleyes:

Do I have to call you now to tell you I'm not renewing with you? Assume renewal quote docs already sent out to old address? Would you charge me for that too or what?

Understand now why you won't allow the change of address through the online portal like you allow other changes...can't gouge people as easily that way I guess.
    Snap ! just been through this experience - albeit 2 km address change in same town. So short sighted. I dont care if policy is cheaper come june renewal I'm gone from them. So similar to your experience its uncanny... i.e they reach out, via twitter in my case, making it look like they will check it out and waste more of your time with standard responses....i pity the robots they train to behave like this and have to deal with customers for stuff they KNOW is not right.

Anyways......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 backfromCanada

Snap ! just been through this experience - albeit 2 km address change in same town. So short sighted. I dont care if policy is cheaper come june renewal I'm gone from them. So similar to your experience its uncanny... i.e they reach out, via twitter in my case, making it look like they will check it out and waste more of your time with standard responses....i pity the robots they train to behave like this and have to deal with customers for stuff they KNOW is not right.

Anyways......
    If you have a commercial car and registered business then you can charge back. You should charge them an administration fee for every document they request at least 50 euro. Just send an invoice.

Advertisement