Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids football coming onto driveway

Options
  • 05-09-2017 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am having issues with kids from all over my estate and from other estates playing soccer in a small patch of grass right in front of my house despite there being a MASSIVE green area to the left that is away from any houses. The ball is CONSTANTLY coming in, I mean in a space of 40 minutes last night it came in 4 times. Its hitting my car, windows etc and is only a matter of time before they break something. These kids are anywhere from 7 to 13. I only know one kid (neighbours kid) who we've had limited, polite conversation with, I believe they are the ones who put the soccer posts up. My issue is if one of them damages my car, breaks a window etc who will pay for it? I am 6 months with my first baby and I am at my wits end with terrible anxiety over this, we cannot afford repairs with a baby coming. After weeks of politely asking the kids to be more careful, move the posts away from our house my husband gave out to them Friday. The neighbour came belting the door down saying they are only kids, its only a ball etc etc. The kids did temporarily move the posts to the opposite side of the green but its now migrated back in front of our house and is coming in again. Another issue is these random kids are coming onto my driveway to retrieve the ball, I don't like people on my property plus if they hurt themselves I am liable. This could all be resolved if they just move the post away from our house or to the large green. The kids are now making me feel very uncomfortable in my own home especially when I am there alone, staring at me when I pull up to my driveway and generally being intimidating. I don't know what to do, I am losing sleep over this. Any ideas welcome.

Advertisement