Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH User Availability

• 05-09-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I have been informed by Eirs website that I can avail of FTTH from the 4-10-17.
    Will there be a limit to the amount of users to avail of this once it goes Live ??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eh gringo!

Any Takers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have FTTH what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eh gringo!

swoofer wrote: »
    I have FTTH what do you mean?
    I mean
    is there only a certain amount of users they have space for in your area once it comes available. I have read that some people have been told that FTTH is now available to them , they sign up and then be told on install there are no more free ports ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Eh gringo! wrote: »
    Hi
    I have been informed by Eirs website that I can avail of FTTH from the 4-10-17.
    Will there be a limit to the amount of users to avail of this once it goes Live ??
    Thanks
    Hi Eh gringo,

Thanks for getting in touch. There would be a limited number of ports available at your exchange for this service. I'm afraid we wouldn't know the exact number of ports available at your exchange, however, the issue where customers can't avail of this service due to there being no ports available is rare. When this service is available to you, you would be able to receive this service in the majority of cases.

We would have no way of knowing if there are no ports available until the technician goes out to install the service at your home.

- Adam

Advertisement