Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY LED tank lighting

Options
  • 05-09-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Looking for some knowledge and advice on a LED lighting build. Has anyone any experience of building lighting for their tanks from scratch or know of anyone? I have a lighting design drawn up and all of what I want to do but not quite sure of what type of LEDs to purchase or materials to use. I'm going to be using strip lighting for the white lights but also looking at blue and red mixed with it to help plant growth as they have different wavelengths, (Apparently it helps with live plants and that's what I already have in the current lighting). I've attached the plans I have drawn which include the main layout i am looking for and the electrical drawing which will allow me to have all blue lights on in the tank at night time also i have attached a picture of the LED PCB I am considering using would love if someone could shed some light if I am looking at this the right way or not. thank you.

Advertisement