Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS money manager ,experiences?

• 05-09-2017 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking at switching from BOI because of the issues they're having with transactions being (delayed )debited on accounts and fairly high fees.

I've seen this recommended and I'm wondering how users are finding it and what are the advantages switching from a BOI account.I don't need an overdraft .

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi

I'm looking at switching from BOI because of the issues they're having with transactions being (delayed )debited on accounts and fairly high fees.

I've seen this recommended and I'm wondering how users are finding it and what are the advantages switching from a BOI account.I don't need an overdraft .

Advantages: Free, card not contactless.

Disadvantages: No mobile app, card not contactless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've had a MM account for several years now and think it's great. Everything is free - SOs, DDs, ATM withdrawals and you can do electronic transfers to designated SEPA recipients.

As stated above, there is no mobile app and the EBS website is not mobile friendly so you can't really do much on a mobile phone browser, a tablet would be required to do anything on their website.

Their website is a bit hostile when it comes to logging on and off. For example, if you attempt to login when they're doing their daily housekeeping, you will get a snotty message as if you have put in several wrong passwords, it never tells you that the website is simply offline for an hour or so. You need to remember to press the logoff button when you're finished doing your business because if you simply close the browser window and then attempt to logon again, you will get serious aggro telling you that you are locked out of your account.

You get a VISA debit card which is not contactless, it also functions as an ATM card and works everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Thanks

Is there no fees then?

Is switching seamless re wages and standing orders etc.

Thanks

Is there no fees then?

Is switching seamless re wages and standing orders etc.

There are no fees. I did the switch manually but I believe that they can take care of your existing SOs and DDs. For wages and the like it's different because the receiving bank doesn't hold a mandate for this type of transaction, it's just money that arrives into your account each month so you will probably need to take care of that yourself. It will just be a matter of giving your payroll people the IBAN number of the new account.

If you like the look of our MoneyManger account but already have a bank account in place, we can help you switch your account to EBS. The process is smooth and hassle free in line with the Central Bank of Ireland's Switching Code and we'll make sure that any direct debits or standing orders you may have coming out of your current bank account are seamlessly switched to your new EBS MoneyManager account.

https://www.ebs.ie/daily-banking/ebs-moneymanager-account-and-debit-card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

coylemj wrote: »
    I'You get a VISA debit card which is not contactless, it also functions as an ATM card and works everywhere.

I thought EBS is a Mastercard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

-No fees
    -No app
    -Online banking which is "ok"
    -Mastercard Debit (not Visa)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I use it in conjunction with N26 (also free) so I get the best of both worlds; a local bricks-and-mortar bank I can visit in person if needs be and a technologically advanced online bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- Yes MasterCard - only I'm with PTSB (FREE) I would be with them.

Yes, I mistakenly said Visa, it's MC all right.

Advertisement