Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price on Asics Kayanos, online/instore - any version?

Options
  • 05-09-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I have been trawling the Internet looking for the best price I can find on Kaynos in my size, 10. I have been using websites like http://geizhals.eu/

Have any of you picked up a pair of these recently at a good price? I am happy to go with 24s or a generation or two behind, though these seem few and far between, especially in my size.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Wouldn't have an exact pricing for you, but Kildare Village outlet has an Asics and stock Kayano's. Usually just over the hundred mark, usually at least a generation back. Usually the place I go when I'm looking for a new pair of runners to get a decent price on them compared to other bricks and mortar places.

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

racersedge wrote: »
    Wouldn't have an exact pricing for you, but Kildare Village outlet has an Asics and stock Kayano's. Usually just over the hundred mark, usually at least a generation back. Usually the place I go when I'm looking for a new pair of runners to get a decent price on them compared to other bricks and mortar places.

Rather than taking a trip to Kildare without knowing if they have your size in stock, you can drop them an email and get them to check. They are good at getting back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

racersedge wrote: »

BDJW wrote: »
    Rather than taking a trip to Kildare without knowing if they have your size in stock, you can drop them an email and get them to check. They are good at getting back to you

Thanks Both. I was on to the Outlet in Kildare village, and although they do have my size 10 in the 23s for ~€100, from what they told me over the phone, not really a colour I want.

I will take function over form, but if I am spending €100 on a pair of these, and going to have them for some years, it would be a bonus if I like the look of them! :)

I am set on these:

ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoe, Thunder Blue/Safety Yellow/Indigo Blue

I have read some reviews online where some people said they fit a half size too small, so it may be worth trying them on somewhere first before I order. I will Travel to Kildare if necessary, but I am based in South Dublin so it is a bit of a trek! Do you know anywhere else that has 23s? Price does not matter, just to try them on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

dusf wrote: »
    Thanks Both. I was on to the Outlet in Kildare village, and although they do have my size 10 in the 23s for ~€100, from what they told me over the phone, not really a colour I want.

I will take function over form, but if I am spending €100 on a pair of these, and going to have them for some years, it would be a bonus if I like the look of them! :)

I am set on these:

ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 23 Running Shoe, Thunder Blue/Safety Yellow/Indigo Blue

I have read some reviews online where some people said they fit a half size too small, so it may be worth trying them on somewhere first before I order. I will Travel to Kildare if necessary, but I am based in South Dublin so it is a bit of a trek! Do you know anywhere else that has 23s? Price does not matter, just to try them on!

I'm sitting here wearing a pair of the 23s in that colour right now :). I got them from Elverys in Dundrum, but that was probably about 6 months ago. I had a pair of Kayano 20s before these, and found the sizing to be the exact same

BDJW wrote: »
    I'm sitting here wearing a pair of the 23s in that colour right now :). I got them from Elverys in Dundrum, but that was probably about 6 months ago. I had a pair of Kayano 20s before these, and found the sizing to be the exact same

Hey, feet out of my runners please! :pac: :p;)

I was looking at the grey initially but shifted towards the 'Thunder Blue', I like that they have the added safety yellow too but are not entirely garish like the ones in the FULL SAFETY YELLOW, no offence to any runners that like to bring the disco with them :cool: :D

Thanks, just called Elverys and they have the 23s, although for €180, I asked them to check to make sure this was not the 24s price and they did. I will go try them on there before I order for nearly half the price online :pac::pac::pac:

I am coming out of a break from running due to quad and knee injury, doing physio and foam rolling at the moment, and I have an old beat up (holes in them and bad support) pair of Asics Gel Virage 6 I am tempted to get running in again this weekend, but I know the right thing to do is wait until I buy those Thunder Blue bad boys at the end of the month!

How do you find yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm also a size 10 and never had an issue in the Asics store in Kildare, it wouldn't be like other outlets where they have loads of stock if you take small or very large sizes.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I'm also a size 10 and never had an issue in the Asics store in Kildare, it wouldn't be like other outlets where they have loads of stock if you take small or very large sizes.

Yeah, not knocking the Outlet, great they offer the cheaper older version, I am just set on this particular colour. Just in case, despite speaking to someone on the phone the other day, I also emailed a picture of the ones I am after.

Advertisement