Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum road

Options
  • 05-09-2017 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭

Bird avenue / Farrenboley area

Opinions on the area? whether it's safe or not, etc.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Bird Avenue would be regarded as a good address - upper middle class and the like. Never heard of any problems with it. Farrenboley is on the other side of the Slang/Dundrum river - I think it (or parts of it) where originally council estates but with the houses selling for crazy money it is mainly middle class now. I used to hear Farrenboley mentioned in a negative way in the 1970's but it is settled and quite now.

The only possible issue is that both areas are quite close to UCD so you don't want to end up living beside a house being rented out to students packed 6 to a room and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

My house is in the area - quite safe indeed.
    There are parts of St. Columbanus estate that still have "recent" social housing, which have a few kids (young teenagers) acting the maggot on occasion, but I have never felt concern walking the area at any time of day or night.
    Overall, very glad I bought there - keeping an eye out for a bigger house in the area (dreaming, but the Dodder linear parks are very nice, and the Luas is great)

An important thing to note...Saba to go takeaway is there - absolutely splendid!

Advertisement