Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler doesn't work

Options
  • 05-09-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

As the temp dropped dramatically, we have to turn on the heating but it just doesn't work. When turned on the boiler, the screen showed number "7". Any idea to fix it? Or any recommended engineer? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

cathalsmom wrote: »
    As the temp dropped dramatically, we have to turn on the heating but it just doesn't work. When turned on the boiler, the screen showed number "7". Any idea to fix it? Or any recommended engineer? Thanks.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/818205/Glen-Dimplex-Dimplex-18-Ov.html?page=6

7 h error message no flame/electrical issues
    Other than trying to reset it yourself (check the manual) I'd be calling in a Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cathalsmom

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/818205/Glen-Dimplex-Dimplex-18-Ov.html?page=6

7 h error message no flame/electrical issues
    Other than trying to reset it yourself (check the manual) I'd be calling in a Pro

Thanks. Anyone you can recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Did you try resetting it as per instructions on panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Other than trying the resets and checking the gas service is on, you'd need to call a RGI (registered gas installer). Due to the risks involved, there's nothing legally user serviceable in gas boilers.

Ring around as the prices for a service vary quite a bit.

Did you try resetting it as per instructions on panel?

Yes. I tired, but still doesn't work.

• Advertisement

flaneur wrote: »
    Other than trying the resets and checking the gas service is on, you'd need to call a RGI (registered gas installer). Due to the risks involved, there's nothing legally user serviceable in gas boilers.

Ring around as the prices for a service vary quite a bit.
    Do you have anyone whom you can recommend? Thanks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

The company I usually used no longer does gas boiler service, so I'm shopping around myself.

I generally find that most of them are reasonable enough.

In some cases you might actually get a free or cheap service arranged through your gas provider too. Some of them have boiler service offers.

Advertisement