Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wire out of underwired bra!

• 05-09-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I've a very good strapless bra that I'm wearing in two weeks time with a dress at a function. The wire on one of the cups has popped out at the seam at the top. The bra isn't old and shouldn't have happened. I've a decent cleavage so I get fitted and so going to Penny's for a replacement isn't an option. I'd only need the bra once in the next year with this dress and so don't want to pay €60 on a new bra. Besides sewing it has anyone any tips for keeping the wire in please? Would machine sewing be much stronger than hand seeing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I think sewing is your only job to be honest, best way to do it is to get a piece of fabric and sew it over the top of the end of the wire so that it can't come out - if you just put a stitch in, the wire will push out again between the stitches. There'll definitely be some tips to fix it online, pinterest is good for those DIY things.

Side note - as a fellow big chested girl I have to recommend Penneys' strapless bras, they are actually great!! Am between a 36-38, F/G depending on the shop (have been losing lots of weight so all over the place at the min) have spent stupid money on strapless bras from M&S and Debenhams in the past and my 36F one from Penneys is the best I've had in years!

Advertisement