Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt on Northern Ireland import

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dawson176

Fingers Crossed- alternatively one could try selling it back to someone in northern Ireland maybe that would work and sell it back then again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭w124man

Cul_rs wrote: »
    The previous owner has sent the form back to dvla. I did ring the nct center and gave reg details but I have not yet physically brought it in for inspection as I cancelled it.
    Surely I could have booked the inspection before finalizing the sale? It takes long enough to get a booking so I wanted to get ahead of the game?? :-)
    In the audi's case he brought it for inspection so at that point it's bound to be on the system.

If the previous owner sent the V5 back then the car is deregistered, you made an appointment and cancelled so as far as the VRT people are concerned, that was the day the car was bought. By the way it takes five minutes to get a VRT appointment.

I have an NI car and a UK car to VRT in the next two weeks. I know the girl in Arklow NCT and she is by the book most of the time. If all the paperwork is in order she is okay. The first thing she does is puts in the VIN and if its there already you could have trouble.

As regards the export section on the V5, the DVLA will consider the car has been exported from the date on the section they receive whether or not the car left the UK/NI at that time

conor2469 wrote: »
    I have wondered this myself. What is to stop him selling it someone up north, then buying it back again and bringing it for VRT inspection?

Nothing, except the car needs to be MOT'd and taxed so its back on the DVLA system. Then it can be submitted for VRT by 'someone else' However because of the cars value, they might investigate, or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ye may be over thinking it.

I bought a motorcycle on DD a few years ago, on English plates. Owner said he'd changed his mind about biking and selling up: bike, gear, helmet the lot. I bought the bike and made a VRT appointment.

At which point the lady says that reg is in our system already and an appointment had been made a year earlier and subsequently was a no-show. I don't think yer man even actually cancelled it.

They asked me where & when I bought it, gave them the handwritten receipt (local, recent), came up with a number and they were only delighted to take my money. I don't think they gave a monkeys tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ye may be over thinking it.

No!

Experienced it!

However it all depends on the day and who you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement