Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck in Eir's bureaucratic limbo

Options
  • 06-09-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Applied for FFTH on 5th May. Line is right outside my house. Technician came to install a few days later, on his own, said trees were an issue. Endless phone calls later, was told forecast date was 28th Aug! Neighbour beside me applied months later, and has it installed from same Distribution Box to same pole (which is in his garden) My present overhead phone line comes from that pole, with no trees in the way. My neighbour across the road got it installed from same DP box to same pole, then across the road to a new pole which was installed on his site. I decided after endless hours of frustration that I would cancel the order altogether, and start from scratch. If only it was that easy... I'm told now that they are having issues with cancelling my order. That was weeks ago. Every time I call, I'm told I have fibre installed (I haven't), and go through the full story. Told it is with Tier 2, but I cannot talk to them. They don't contact me. I'm told today I have a forecast date of 12th Sep. This is for an order I have tried to cancel, which the Tier 2 lot are trying to cancel, but for some reason (software I'm sure) can't. And yet the wholesalers Openeir are treating the order as live. And Eir don't even have the courtesy to email me and let me know what is going on. 
    How can I get in contact with Tier 2 to resolve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

banjopeter wrote: »
    Applied for FFTH on 5th May. Line is right outside my house. Technician came to install a few days later, on his own, said trees were an issue. Endless phone calls later, was told forecast date was 28th Aug! Neighbour beside me applied months later, and has it installed from same Distribution Box to same pole (which is in his garden) My present overhead phone line comes from that pole, with no trees in the way. My neighbour across the road got it installed from same DP box to same pole, then across the road to a new pole which was installed on his site. I decided after endless hours of frustration that I would cancel the order altogether, and start from scratch. If only it was that easy... I'm told now that they are having issues with cancelling my order. That was weeks ago. Every time I call, I'm told I have fibre installed (I haven't), and go through the full story. Told it is with Tier 2, but I cannot talk to them. They don't contact me. I'm told today I have a forecast date of 12th Sep. This is for an order I have tried to cancel, which the Tier 2 lot are trying to cancel, but for some reason (software I'm sure) can't. And yet the wholesalers Openeir are treating the order as live. And Eir don't even have the courtesy to email me and let me know what is going on. 
    Hi banjopeter.

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your order. I'm afraid you would be unable to get in touch with our Tier 2 escalations department, however, they should contact you when they have your issue resolved. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I will look into your order for you and I will check if there's an update on your tier 2 case. 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭banjopeter

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi banjopeter.

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your order. I'm afraid you would be unable to get in touch with our Tier 2 escalations department, however, they should contact you when they have your issue resolved. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I will look into your order for you and I will check if there's an update on your tier 2 case. 

- Adam
    I've sent PM.

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi banjopeter.

- Adam
    I've sent PM.
    Thanks for that. I'll get back to your PM when I have an update for you.

- Adam

I'm still stuck in this crazy nightmare. Every time I call, it is the same process, and I am given the same answer - it will be escalated and solved tomorrow.
    Nothing ever happens. Please, do whatever it takes to get Tier 2 to sort this simple issue of cancelling an order so that I can re-order. Again I repeat, I have been waiting since the 5th May!

I'm still stuck in this crazy nightmare. Every time I call, it is the same process, and I am given the same answer - it will be escalated and solved tomorrow.
    Nothing ever happens. Please, do whatever it takes to get Tier 2 to sort this simple issue of cancelling an order so that I can re-order. Again I repeat, I have been waiting since the 5th May!
    I am really sorry to hear that this hasn't been sorted for you yet. 

I still have your details in my PM's. I'll look into hid for you and I'll be back in touch with an update.

- Adam

• Advertisement

OK thank you, but there is something seriously wrong with the whole system if they cannot cancel an order, and what is even more galling is the fact that I am left with NO communication about the issue.
    A simple email or phone call would be the least one would expect in such circumstances. It is just plain ignorant and very shoddy business practice to leave a customer in the dark. 
    As far as I can see, this seems to be standard procedure for Eir - do nothing. 
    A search through any of the forums will show many hundreds of cases like mine.

OK thank you, but there is something seriously wrong with the whole system if they cannot cancel an order, and what is even more galling is the fact that I am left with NO communication about the issue.
    A simple email or phone call would be the least one would expect in such circumstances. It is just plain ignorant and very shoddy business practice to leave a customer in the dark. 
    As far as I can see, this seems to be standard procedure for Eir - do nothing. 
    A search through any of the forums will show many hundreds of cases like mine.
    The reason that you haven't received any communication about your case yet is that there aren't any updates on it yet. I can assure you that it is with our escalations department and I will let you know as soon as I have more information for you.

- Adam

Yes, thank you, but I have never received any communication at all, and I signed up on the 5th May. That is over four months. None at all. 
    Anytime I go through the process of dialling up, waiting, and then reciting the whole saga once again to whomever I am talking to (and it is a different person each time) I am told the problem will be resolved shortly or " three to five working days" It never is.
    That is not, by any stretch, "customer care".
    It is neglect.

Yes, thank you, but I have never received any communication at all, and I signed up on the 5th May. That is over four months. None at all. 
    Anytime I go through the process of dialling up, waiting, and then reciting the whole saga once again to whomever I am talking to (and it is a different person each time) I am told the problem will be resolved shortly or " three to five working days" It never is.
    It is neglect.
    I completely understand. The time frame that you were given is the standard lead time to have one of these cases fixed. I'm still waiting on an update on this. I am very sorry about the delay.

- Adam

It is neglect.
    I completely understand. The time frame that you were given is the standard lead time to have one of these cases fixed. I'm still waiting on an update on this. I am very sorry about the delay.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement