Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olive oil sensor

• 06-09-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anyone use these? Are they any good? Is their a monthly subscription?

Cheers,

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭John mac

did you look at their website ? all the info is there ...

set a reminder on your phone for every month to check level of tank..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

John mac wrote: »

Have looked at the site, just wanted to know if anyone was actually using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

John mac wrote: »

And to check if its been stolen. And measure the level as well to gauge your usage, record it and put it into a spreadsheet.

Sure, what else would you be doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭ArrBee

I know the question is old but for anyone searching this question...

I've had one for a while now.
    it took a bit of "support" to set up. I had to provide dimensions of the tank to the company to get accurate levels. There were many mistakes along the way but got sorted over a couple of months.

I think its a great idea but it's let down by trying to be a product that I wish it wasn't.
    Essentially it is trying to be a set and forget auto oil deliver and payment platform. I think it's only available as such in the UK where you set up a payment option and avail of group purchase of oil when you are close to running out.
    the idea is oil at a discount, and its automatic.

For me, I wanted an oil monitor that would allow me to analyse my usage.
    To this end it has massive potential but fails.
    It collects the raw data but I can't access it, and the charts on the website dont really give the right information to be used as an analysis tool.
    I was hoping to be able to fine tune my usage of oil by looking at the data from the monitor but it is too high level.

It does work very at telling me how much is left in the tank though.

Advertisement