Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance refund

Options
  • 06-09-2017 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Insured my car just over a month ago, paid in full. Circumstances now changed dramatically, car is for sale. Won't be driving anymore.

If I cancel it and look for a refund, anyone any idea how long it takes to get the refund? I'm aware I will only get back 75% of What I paid.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask your insurer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

As above, ring your insurer and they will quickly tell you.

It should be with 5 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ask your insurer?

As above, ring your insurer and they will quickly tell you.

Sound lads, not being smart but obviously I asked them. They couldn't tell me, only to send in my cert and disc and they'd let me know.

Just looking for someone with experience of the same situation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Some insurers are quicker than others though. I'd budget say 2 weeks from sending in all the details.

Some insurers are quicker than others though. I'd budget say 2 weeks from sending in all the details.

Cheers. I'm heading away on Sept 16th so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I'm aware I will only get back 75% of What I paid.

Did the insurer give you this figure?

Chiorino wrote:
    Did the insurer give you this figure?

Yeah, it's in there terms of business on there website. 1 month 75% 2 months 50% or something along those lines.

Advertisement