Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How disadvantaged (or advantaged) are you?

Options
  • 06-09-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Interesting overview of every district in Ireland's level of affluence or poverty.  Unsurprisingly, if you zoom in for D15, the areas around Castleknock gets most of the blue colours (affluence).

https://www.rte.ie/deprivation/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Very disadvantaged lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Disadvantaged, not surprising as its a working class council estate but I wouldn't consider myself to be disadvantaged personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

These are quite interesting but as I said in a different thread it doesn't take account of the lower income but higher disposable income of pensioners, many of whom have limited education. Areas with lots of well healed pensioners appear less affluent than areas with young families who may have two or three times the income but have nothing left at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Affulent. Ben Dunne is my neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

AlanG wrote: »
    These are quite interesting but as I said in a different thread it doesn't take account of the lower income but higher disposable income of pensioners, many of whom have limited education. Areas with lots of well healed pensioners appear less affluent than areas with young families who may have two or three times the income but have nothing left at the end of the month.

Interesting point that, would explain older estates like Coolmine Boulevard, Orchard Grove, Glenville etc. full of well-heeled pensioners don't feature as advantaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

RasTa wrote: »
    Affulent. Ben Dunne is my neighbour.

Always good to have a coke connection next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

No wonder trawler men have big cars, look how affluent the sea is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Strange map. Im in a yellow zone but the houses around the corner, 100m, in the same estate are blue. Also, the empty fields nearby are also blue.

Wealthy cows I guess.

Advertisement